Let go. Cut it off. Mute, unfollow, BLOCK. Whatever it is you have to do. Let go and let the Universe handle it. There is no reason to hold on to people or situations that are not enhancing your life.

Toxic energy is contagious, and it hinders you more than you realize. Think of it as bad food in the fridge. When the food starts going bad, you notice. You might ignore it and say you’re going to throw it out another day. You might push it off to the side. But eventually, it will grow mold and stink up the whole fridge. You can’t ignore it anymore. You have to throw it out. Toxic people and old food are basically the same things. Get rid of them.

By allowing toxic people or situations to infiltrate your space and your life, you will continue to attract negative and toxic energy. You are essentially nurturing space for it to grow and manifest and bring along other problems as well.

Courtesy: Unsplash

As difficult as it seems. There is almost always something better waiting for you. And you will quickly notice how much brighter your life becomes when you are not spending time and energy on toxic people or situations. I have always noticed that blessings and opportunities usually arise shortly after removing people from my life that no longer need to be there. Your skin clears up, you’re gaining/losing weight, you’re sleeping all 6-8 hours again. Life is great. After taking out the trash, you realize that they were really just stinking up your life and you are much better off. You have so much to offer and so much to give this world, do not let negative/bad people hinder your life plans.

One way to help eliminate toxic people in your life is to surround yourself with genuine and positive people. Add one positive person and remove a negative person and you will quickly begin to see changes in your environment. The people you surround yourself with are a direct reflection of who you are, believe it or not, so pick and choose accordingly. If there is someone in your life who is toxic or negative, that may be an indication there are some aspects of your character that you need to work on.

Another way is to remove that person from your line of vision. Since social media is such a huge part of our lives, it might help to unfollow, mute or block them on everything. This is about you and your healing process. If you don’t see that person, you won’t be thinking about them as much and it will help you in the long run.

And finally, let the Universe take care of the situation. Pray about it and move on. Do not revisit and revive things that you have already handled and left in the past. Continue to live your best life and do the things that truly make you happy. Very soon, joy and peace will return to your life. Take out the trash, move on and do not look back. 

My name is Nedgie Paul and I am senior at Florida State University. I enjoy Pasta and expressing myself creatively through writing. I am a Commercial Entrepreneurship major with hopes of owning multiple companies in the future.
Her Campus at Florida State University.