Staying in Tallahassee for Spring Break? Here’s Everything Fun to Do!

Whether you’re avoiding the infestation of cramped parties down on South Beach or just looking to save a few bucks by staying in town, you definitely want to make sure you make the most of your spring break. We all know that spring break begins the moment we get out of our final class the week before the break. So, I’ve compiled a list of everything to do in Tallahassee starting that Friday all the way through the Sunday before classes start again. Here’s everything fun to do in Tallahassee for spring break!

Friday, Mar. 15

Rhymes in Contemplation @ 7 p.m.

Image Courtesy: Giphy

Featuring Ro-Thoro, Pharoh D, Facey, N.Verse and Locked Messiah, this show is being called “a rap show for a deep thinker.” With free food and drinks, this event is looking to be the place to be.

Saturday, Mar. 16

Capital Craft Fest @ 10 a.m.-3 p.m.

The Tallahassee Automobile Museum will be hosting this event featuring talented local vendors displaying their art, crafts and handmade items. There will also be food trucks on site where you can grab a bite to eat as you look at all of the amazing artwork. With activities and live music by DJ L-Smooth and Positive Generation Entertainment, your ears will get to experience some art too!

Tallahassee’s St. Patrick’s Block Party starts @ 11 a.m.

Image Courtesy: Giphy

With music by local bands Sway Jah Vu, Scumbag Neighbors and Taller Trees and bars both inside and outside, this event is looking to be a great place to ring in St. Patrick’s Day. Grab your friends and participate in the giant beer pong tournament, corn hole and giant Jenga games.

Miscast Musicals @ 9 p.m.

This show turns Broadway on its head. The performers will be singing your favorite Broadway show tunes, but the twist is everyone that will be cast in their dream role, whether the role was made for them or not. From gender switches to different octaves, all is up for grabs during this show. 

Sunday, Mar. 17

Tallahassee Nights Live @7 p.m.

Contemporary R&B band Tallahassee Nights Live has released an album and are in the process of doing a huge US push for radio. They will be hosting a live recording for another album along with filming video footage of the night. So, if you want to see yourself among the crowd in one of their upcoming videos or just want to listen to some great music then this is the event for you.

Monday, Mar. 18 

Spring Broke Mar. 18-24

For anyone looking for good food and drinks that will make your wallet happy, Township Tallahassee will be hosting all-day happy hour with $2 tacos, $2 baby pretzels, $3 well liquor, $4 half liter Proof Brewing Company beers, $5 half liter beer cocktails, $5 TWP Fries, $6 shot and beer and $10 liter beer cocktails.

Image Courtesy: Giphy

Tuesday, Mar. 19

Fly Me to the Moon: Planetarium Show daily until Apr. 6.

Image Courtesy: Giphy

The Challenger Learning Center of Tallahassee will be featuring a new planetarium show that explores the 1969 Apollo 11 mission that went to the moon. nWave Pictures has created an animated feature film that takes you back to that historic moment with a whimsical twist involving three tweenage flies who go along on an incredible space adventure. The story is voiced by Kelly Ripa, Christopher Lloyd, Nicollette Sheridan, Tim Curry and a live action/animation cameo by real-life Apollo 11 astronaut, Buzz Aldrin. 

Wednesday, Mar. 20 

Brandon Ballengée: Le Sang Noir until Mar. 31@ 9 a.m.-4 p.m.

FSU Museum of Fine Arts will feature an exhibit by Louisiana-based artist and biologist Brandon Ballengée. Ballengée experienced firsthand the Deepwater Horizon oil spill which is the largest environmental disaster in the United States. Le Sang Noir (“Black Blood”) is a visual response to this tragedy. Though this event is on the more serious side, it is a visually pleasing display of art that is also very interesting to learn about.

Thursday, Mar. 21

Kitty Princess, Snailmate, Sacred Owls @ 9 p.m.

Image Courtesy: Giphy

Vacation House will be hosting five bands for $5. Here is the lineup!

9:00 p.m. RP Allen

9:30 p.m. Cool Now 

10:00 p.m. Snailmate (AZ)

10:45 p.m. Sacred Owls (Orlando)

11:30 p.m. Kitty Princess 

Friday, Mar. 22 

French Country Flea Market, Spring Show @ 12 p.m.

Sweet South Cottage presents a delightful market featuring some of the best vendors showcasing antique and vintage curiosities, hand-painted shabby-chic furniture, architectural salvage, upcycled treasures, handmade jewelry, local art, clothing and accessories and delicious food. 

Saturday, March 23

Cascades Park Free Movie Night @ 6:30 p.m.

Image Courtesy: Facebook

The City of Tallahassee Parks, Recreation, and Neighborhood Affairs Department presents a free outdoor movie in the Capital City Amphitheater. There will be pre-movie activities and food trucks starting at 6:30 p.m. then at 8 p.m. the movie Small Foot will begin.

Wakulla Springs Overland Tour with Jim Stevenson @ 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

Join Jim Stevenson, Florida springs expert, on a fascinating tour of the Wakulla Spring Basin which traces the water journey to the world-famous Wakulla Springs. You will see the actual sinkholes hidden away in the woods where exploration cave divers enter one of the longest and deepest underwater cave systems in the world. There is a cost to attend this event ($25 for the general public and $15 for students) and registration is required.

Sunday, Mar. 24

Kitty Yoga @ 3 p.m.-5 p.m.

Image Courtesy: Giphy

Tally Cat Cafe will be holding a yoga session in their cat lounge. The yoga session takes place for the first hour, then you can grab a free drink and relax with the cats for another hour!

Tyra Joseph is a graduate of Florida State University with a dual degree in Editing, Writing & Media, and Digital Media Production with minors in Information Technology and Film Studies. She began as a Staff Writer for Her Campus FSU in August 2018 and then served as a Content Editor in her final two semesters as a Nole!
Her Campus at Florida State University.