So, you’re new to FSU… What’s the move?

First Friday

Courtesy: Railroad Square Art Park

On the first Friday of every month, Railroad Square hosts a community event where you can find a variety of food, art, and shopping! Personally, I love gathering a group of friends and exploring the food truck options while we listen to the drum circle where the performers have much better rhythm than we do. While you’re there, don’t forget to check out Psockology for the coolest socks in town and one of the many thrift shops for unique buys. At the end of the night, don’t forget to hang out at Flippin Great Pinball for special First Friday prices and hours!

Free Movies at the SLC

Did you know Florida State has a movie theater on campus that is free to all students with an FSU ID? The Student Life Center hosts a number of screenings including film classics, crowd favorites and the occasional panel with people who worked on films that are screened! If you’d like to get further involved, the SLC has a film committee that chooses the films they show, so reach out to them to find out how to get involved! Want to feel exclusive? The SLC also has pre-release screenings for movies before they hit the theaters! Check out their website here or follow them on social media for updates on these events and more!

Game Night with Friends

Personally, I have experienced the most memorable and enjoyable nights by just staying in with friends and getting way too competitive with board and card games. You don’t always have to go somewhere to have a great time, just invite some people over and enjoy the company they provide. This is also a great opportunity to expand your social circle! Chances are the friends you have, have other friends you haven’t even met, so why not bring everybody together for a game night? After all, college is not only the place where you could meet the love of your life… it’s also the place where you will meet the people you want in your wedding party!

The City of Tallahassee Parks and Recreation Events

I have only lived in Tallahassee for about two years and I can already testify to how awesome The City of Tallahassee’s Parks and Rec events are. They genuinely care about the community in which they serve, and this shows through events such as fireworks in Tom Brown park to movies at Cascades Park. Not to mention the numerous other parks to discover around town. Visit their website for more information about the activities and facilities around Tallahassee.

Club Downunder (Union Productions) Events

The Union may be under construction, but Union Productions are working just as hard as those construction workers to continue to bring enjoyable events to FSU students and the surrounding Tallahassee area. Union Productions host many different events including concerts, comedy shows, drag shows, carnivals, and more! Events that have previously been held at Club Downunder will now be held at various locations around campus, The Wilbury, and The Moon! Follow them on social media or head over to their website to stay updated on events, times, and locations.

Her Campus at Florida State University.