SeminoleLink: Your Guide to Landing the Perfect Internship

It’s that time again Collegiates! College is coming to a close and you’re running out of time to find work experience before the semester is over. But fear not, the Career Center has created a fully integrated website with numerous resources available to Florida State students. SeminoleLink offers a variety of helpful tools such as building your resume, preparing cover letters, signing up for mock interviews and so much more.

Courtesy: SeminoleLink

As an added feature of the site, students have the ability to upgrade to SeminoleLink Plus! In order to do so, their resume must be critiqued by the Career Center to make sure it is up to par with the competition prominent in the work force. At the Dunlap Success Center, located on Florida State’s campus, employees can assist with anything from forming your resume to fine tuning an already thorough resume.

Once you have completed your resume through SeminoleLink resources, you will be offered access to SeminoleLink Plus! services. This upgrade allows you to view jobs from companies that have entrusted Florida State University with selecting bright individuals to be recruited for large firms as well as basic internships. The positions available can range anywhere from internships, to part time and full time opportunities. It can offer a further competitive advantage to your job search because the university stands behind your resume and multiple employers see and respect this accolade.

A feature of SeminoleLink that many students find useful involves networking opportunities. As a college student, making connections is key to nailing a job outside of college. SeminoleLink highlights upcoming networking events that Florida State offers such as the Seminole Futures career fair taking place between 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-4 p.m. on January 28, 2016 at the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center. Students will have the chance to meet with recruiters from corporate, non-profit and government organizations to discuss a broad range of internship and full-time job opportunities. The general body of Florida State’s students will find these events useful, because there are career fairs that are applicable to multiple majors. The attendance of these career fairs also shows employers that you are an interested student with potential to be a part of the company and also your dedication to learn more about said company.

By now, you may be asking yourself, “What if I don’t know what career is right for me?” SeminoleLink has it covered. By answering a set of short questions about work activities, the career finder feature finds you jobs based on your interests and preparation level. The site also offers research tools that allow you to see what different jobs are being offered as far as salary, benefits and growth opportunities within that career. These resources are beyond helpful for people who are searching for the next step after college.

SeminoleLink has benefited students who are either at the very start of their research for a career or students who have gone through planning, but need a further push to gain an edge over the competition that will inevitably be faced. 

Sign up on SeminoleLink for a full list of different career fairs as well as internships available to jump start your career today! 

Sasha is a senior at FSU studying editing, writing and media with a minor in business and communications. She enjoys binge watching Merlin on Netflix, photography, and cuddling with her dog.
Her Campus at Florida State University.