With everyone discovering what their zodiac signs are and how celestial bodies like the sun and moon affect our mood, character and personalities, it can be both exciting and enlightening to look at yourself through a new lens. The 12 Zodiac signs are split into four categories labeled by the four elements: Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Each category shares similar traits and modes of expression, which means they also may experience many of the same struggles. This is why it’s important to practice self-care. Keeping yourself in balance will allow you to grow and flourish as much as possible, and lucky for you, I’ve come up with some great ways for each of the zodiac signs to practice self-care.

The Earth Signs: Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn

Earth signs are known for being oriented towards what’s real, thus making them very productive and hardworking. They yield tangible results. Due to this relentless determination, it can be easy for these signs to become imbalanced which can lead to becoming workaholics, hoarding possessions, stubbornness and lack of adventure. These signs should practice stepping out of their comfort zones and getting out of the mundane. Getting some fresh air and having a night out with friends is sure to remind you that it’s important to not take yourself so seriously and that quality time with yourself and people you love is essential. Don’t worry so much about worldly possessions or those daunting responsibilities you always carry around on your shoulders, finding the balance between holding on and letting go is key. Another helpful tip would be to practice gratitude and mindfulness. Simply by meditating or journaling you can easily achieve these goals. It’s easy to see that just like their symbol, Earth signs are very down to earth, dependable and grounded. Practicing active gratitude and awareness will help to enhance those great qualities that make you feel good. Being mindful of your personal desires and having fun with manifesting them will bring balance to your life and is a great method of self-care.

The Water Signs: Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces

Water signs are strongly driven by their emotions, feeling an intense amount of empathy towards other people. It’s not uncommon for these signs to get caught up in their imaginations. Constantly flittering between their daydreams and reality, Water signs are very in tune with not only themselves but with the beauty of the world. As people who constantly put others before themselves, some self-care that these signs should practice is self-appreciation. Try journaling about the things you love about yourself and recognize that you are worthy of the care that you try to give everyone else. Recognize that it is important to say no sometimes because spreading yourself too thin can become exhausting. Finding the balance between generosity and selfishness is the best way to ensure that others do not take advantage of your kindness. On those nights where you feel like you need to show yourself some love, take the time to treat yourself to an evening spent doing facemasks and watching your favorite movies. Do whatever feeds your soul.

The Air Signs: Gemini, Libra and Aquarius

Air signs are known for being social-butterflies who are constantly looking to communicate with new people and searching for new perspectives. Air signs typically have a strong intellectual connection to the world and are great at remaining calm and collected while problem-solving. They keep a level head, but when their lives seem off balance, it can become difficult for them to overcome those struggles. Because they know that they’re capable of being better, Air signs can be really hard on themselves when things aren’t going the way they’d planned. Finding ways to reduce this anxiety when you’ve found yourself in a rut is to have a day fully devoted to pampering yourself and clearing your mind. Instead of worrying about all the different things you should have done or could have done to change something, instead take the time to tell yourself that you’re doing your best and that it’s okay to not have it together all of the time. Once you’ve had your day to relax, you can start to put things into perspective and begin to move forward.

The Fire Signs: Aries, Leo and Sagittarius

If you were wondering, fire signs are exactly what they sound like – fiery and ferocious. Fire signs are extremely independent and have an enormous passion for life. Things like travel, new opportunity and change drive Fire signs and fuel their ambition. Known for their huge hearts, courage and optimism, Fire signs love with everything they’ve got and dedicate themselves to the people in their lives. Although their drive to live life boldly and strong leadership can draw you in, it can be easy for them to lose control. Sometimes their ego can get in the way and they find themselves feeling out of place. As people who are always on the move looking for their next adventure, one method of self-care that can be extremely useful is spending time in a calm, cool environment where you can sit and reflect on all that you’ve done. A lot of the times fire signs are always on the go, never truly taking the time to reflect and digest all that they’ve done which can leave them imbalanced. As a fire sign myself, I can get easily worn out if I don’t take the time to meditate about all that I do. Something as simple as journaling every day or spending a night by yourself to relax and look within will help to restore and maintain that balance.

It’s important to remember that self-care looks different for everyone. We all have things that we do to make us feel good about ourselves and get our minds and hearts back in alignment. Getting back on track can be easy, so long as we take the time to evaluate what we need and how to maximize it to our benefit.

All images courtesy of astrology42.

Katarina is a senior at Florida State University studying Creative Writing with a double minor in Education and Communications. You can find her at your local library reading a good book or writing for her blog https://katarinamartinez13.wixsite.com/kmartinezreads As an aspiring novelist and content writer, she is always looking to spread love and joy everywhere she goes.
Her Campus at Florida State University.