What started as just an idea by two Hispanic working moms living in Miami turned into an incredible adventure and well-ranked talent management company. I’ve chosen to have a sit-down talk with Michelle Tapanes, one of the two women behind Talento Unlimited, to get some insight as to how this business came about and what her goals for the future are.

Her Campus (HC): Thank you for meeting with me today! To get started, I just wanted to ask, what is Talento Unlimited, exactly? What kind of work do you guys do?

Michelle Tapanes (MT): It’s my pleasure. So Talento Unlimited, LLC. is a boutique content branding, storytelling and talent management consultancy. We leverage our talent and resources to develop custom influencer content and execute target sponsorship programs. We also manage and consult live and virtual events. We represent a diverse group of content creators and business influencers who produce themed content covering food, culture, lifestyle, finance, parenting, fashion, beauty, interior design, photography, wellness tips, motivational speaking and so much more.

HC: How did you get to the point where you knew you wanted to start Talento Unlimited after you’d already had so many jobs prior and begun working from home?

MT: Well, my best friend of over 30 years, Cristy Clavijo-Kish, approached me several months after we both had left our previous jobs. While we were uncertain about our next career moves, whether they were corporate jobs or entrepreneurship, we knew that the years of friendship and trust between us would allow us to easily become business partners. We realized that our previous careers and experiences complemented each other well, and that’s how we decided to create what is now Talento Unlimited.

HC: Can you tell us about what the process of starting a new business completely from scratch was like? I’m sure there were difficult times and trials you had to face.

MT: Starting a new business always has its challenges. We started with a business plan to ensure that our efforts merited time and that our services would have financial gains. Although we had a plan, COVID-19 hit shortly after we started to execute it and the country shut down. We adjusted our business plan and relied heavily on social media marketing to attract new clients and content creators. We also contacted previous business partners to reintroduce ourselves and our new company. We continuously strategize to ensure that everything we do showcases our company, our talent and ourselves in order to grow our business.

HC: Let’s talk about what a typical day in your life as an entrepreneur is; give us the run-down.

MT: My day as an entrepreneur starts at 8:30 a.m. with a strong cup of coffee. After I’ve had my coffee, I check my emails, follow up on pending social media campaigns, create a to-do list divided into priorities and then check my calendar. Afterward, Cristy and I have a meeting or phone call to ensure we’re both productively working on current projects and not overlooking any pending deadlines. We touch base throughout the day and schedule meetings with our content creators and clients.

HC: To wrap this interview up, I’d like to ask: what can we expect in the future from Talento Unlimited? What are your goals for this company as of now?

MT: We establish monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals, which we monitor after every project to ensure we are profitable. Based on current trends, brands are moving forward with influencer marketing to increase brand awareness within a particular audience. Our long-term goal is to double our current roster and further grow our team.

HC: Thank you so much for chatting with me today about Talento Unlimited! I’m sure our readers will enjoy learning about your amazing company and what its future plans are.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

hi! my name's allison, i'm currently attending florida state university majoring in exercise physiology in hopes of going to med school to become an ob/gyn! i'm an iced coffee lover, heavy criminal minds watcher, and a pumpkin flavored everything enthusiast.