Life > Experiences

Let’s Take a Peek Into Erin Krum’s Life: Our Her Campus President

Erin Krum is a hardworking and lively gal that once began as a Staff Writer but is now one of our chapter leaders. Erin has truly set the tone and expectations for the rest of the members to follow in her footsteps. She has a bright future ahead of her and an amazing past that follows. I thoroughly enjoyed asking Erin about Her Campus and what her future holds!

Experiencing Her Campus

Her Campus (HC): When did you first hear about Her Campus and what prompted you to join?

Erin Krum (EK): I first heard about Her Campus at FSU in the spring of my senior year when the Instagram account followed me on Instagram. At that point, I was already committed to FSU, so I followed them back and saw their content for the next six months or so. I was headed into my freshman year during Fall 2020, the height of COVID-19, and knew that with no in-person classes I needed to push myself to get involved to find my community on campus. That’s where HCFSU came in!

HC: Did you ever think you would be the president of Her Campus FSU?

EK: I knew early on as a Staff Writer that I wanted to be more involved and work with social media on the executive board. When I got the position of Social Media Director going into my second year, I definitely began to think more realistically about being President my senior year!

HC: What benefits has Her Campus provided you?

EK: Her Campus has given me so much professionally and personally. Professionally, I’ve gained so much experience in social media, public speaking, major brand collaborations, writing and more. I also fully attribute my current job at a marketing and communications firm to the skills, portfolio and network I developed from Her Campus. Personally, HCFSU has given me some of my best friends, endless memories and an incredible college experience. 

HC: What are your goals for Her Campus this year?

EK: Coming out of two crazy years of COVID-19, one thing we really wanted the focus this year to be on involvement and passion for HCFSU. Our goal was to create an executive board and chapter that was excited about HC and all it had to offer, something that can be hard to achieve when meetings or events are virtual. So far, we couldn’t have asked for a better year. 

HC: What values has Her Campus taught you?

EK: HC has taught me a ton, but one huge thing I’ve learned throughout my time in the organization is to be confident in yourself and your success. So often, you meet people in college who make everything feel like a competition, and it’s easy to start thinking that you can’t share good news or that you’re way behind in an imaginary race. In HC, that’s never been the case. There’s such a strong community of women who will hype you up for even the smallest wins. It’s such an empowering environment, and it’s amazing to see members and alumni making major career and life moves and know that you have the ability to do the same thing. 

About Erin

HC: Why is your major Public Relations and was it always that?

EK: No! Fun fact, when I applied to FSU I was a Chemistry major! I loved science and was always pretty good at it, but when I started thinking more about my future, there wasn’t a career in chemistry that I saw myself being in for the rest of my life. I’ve always had a huge interest in social media and marketing and I loved the endless options open for a career post-grad. So, I switched to communications the summer before I started at FSU, applied for the PR program and the rest is history. 

HC: What are your plans after you graduate?

EK: I would love to know, too! Any of my friends will tell you that I have the classic post-grad breakdown at least once a week. In a perfect world, I would work in the music or entertainment industries somewhere new, busy and exciting. 

HC: What is a moment that made you proud to be a part of Her Campus?

EK: I think I’m the proudest when people find out I’m in HC and will say things like “I love their social media,” or “I read an amazing article from you guys the other day!” It’s heartwarming to hear people recognize and compliment that work (even if it’s not your own) because you see all of the behind-the-scenes efforts that go into it.

HC: What’s a misconception people have about you? 

EK: That’s such an odd question to answer because it’s so hard to know what others are thinking about you. This probably wasn’t exactly what you were looking for, but this is one thing I hear a ton: people who don’t know me well are always surprised by my Zodiac, while people I’m closer to, say it checks out! If that made you wonder, I’m a Gemini sun, Virgo moon and Virgo rising.  

HC: What do you think will be your “I made it” moment in life?

EK: This is tough! I’m not 100% sure because I’m not sure what exactly I want my future to look like. As of now, all I’m hoping for is an “I made it” moment where I’m satisfied with my career, life and happiness where I can look back and be proud of everything it took to get me there.

Erin Krum and Lane Webb are the two chapter leaders of Her Campus FSU. We all need to thank them for the great amount of work they have put into this club. This semester would not be as successful and smooth without them leading our way. Erin will forever hold the Her Campus legacy and we can’t wait to see her blossom!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Hey! I am Sophia I was born in Miami but Colombian at heart. I love the world of social media and fashion. I've been a YouTube girl since 2010 so O.G British YouTubers and One Direction are my thing. I hope you enjoy reading my articles!