Okay, first of all, is Lady Gaga the director of Polaroid? Well, no. What I didn’t realize from hearing the quote circulate on TikTok was that it was said in 2013. Lady Gaga was the director of “a specialty line of Polaroid products” from 2010 to 2014.

For anyone who doesn’t know what I’m talking about, Kanye West did an interview with BBC Radio 1 in which he said, “If you can communicate the product, you can make money off the product ‘cause look at Gaga. She’s the creative director of Polaroid. I like some of the Gaga songs. What the f*ck does she know about cameras?” Kanye’s talking about the fact that celebrities often choose to simply put their name on something rather than fully invest their time into it.

If you’re interested in some of his ideas on the topic, I recommend you watch some of the interview—it’s pretty interesting. If you just want to laugh at some of the weird products of this phenomenon, keep reading. This is the ultimate countdown of the top five weirdest celebrity collaborations.

5. shane dawson x morphe

Remember that? Yeah, weird time. Shane Dawson was a huge YouTube star who made his fortune off of his self-deprecating humor, eating videos and absolutely nothing glamorous. It was quite a shock when he decided to come out with a makeup line. It made the list because of the mismatch between his overall brand and the product. However, it’s at number five because you probably already knew about it. It did really well and any thoughts on the people involved aside, they honestly made it work.

4. alani x addison rae

According to age-old tradition, or at least me, energy drinks are marketed towards fairly edgy, somewhat sweaty, skater types. Addison Rae fits none of those descriptions. She’s a young TikTok star and dancer whose image is very sweet and bubbly. Making Addison Rae the face of an energy drink is a really odd choice on paper but I actually think this campaign is genius and that’s why it’s at number four.

3. george foreman x george foreman

If you’re anything like me, you know a lot more about sandwiches than you do about boxing. I knew this product before I knew about the person. Apparently, before the grill came into existence, George Foreman made a name for himself as a boxer. Then, according to his website, “He was making millions off of his appearances in infomercials marketing the George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine.”

2. charli & dixie x simmons

Charli and Dixie D’Amelio can be spotted accepting Kid’s Choice Awards, dancing on TikTok and, apparently, claiming they designed a mattress. Like everything else on the list, this was not just an endorsement, but a full collaboration between the D’Amelio sisters and Simmons. This brought about a mattress like many others, except it has their name on it. This one was so strange to me, primarily because I assume most of their audience is too young to even afford a mattress.

1. justin bieber x crocs

I could make an entire article about Crocs’ collaborations, but they made the page themselves already. I’m just genuinely confused. Guess which of the following have their very own Croc design: Bretman Rock, Post Malone, Luke Combs, Bad Bunny or Hidden Valley Ranch? The answer is all of them. Yes, Hidden Valley Ranch, the brand that is ranch dipping sauce. Of the celebrities, I was somehow most surprised by Justin Bieber having his own Crocs. Honestly, this ranking should probably just be Crocs x everyone.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Sabrina Trinidad is a third-year undergraduate student at Florida State University currently majoring in Creative Writing with a minor in Social Entrepreneurship.