Culture > News

The Rhode to Success: Hailey Bieber’s New Skincare Line Has Fans Raving

Hailey Bieber is an icon, but there’s a lot more to her than just being a model, actress and wife to international heartthrob Justin Bieber. In recent months, Hailey has been a trending figure in the beauty world, with her slicked-back bun hairstyle and beautiful, pearly chrome nails that she swears by. But other than being a beauty influencer, she has become a sort of entrepreneurial girl boss with her new skincare line, Rhode Skin.

Hailey was first inspired to develop Rhode during the pandemic, as “it opened up this space in this time for [her] to pursue something in skincare, which is something [she] had wanted to do for a long time,” she stated in a Forbes interview.

As a teenager, Hailey had always been very fascinated with skin care, creating her own tedious regimens and routines. During the course of 2020 and 2021, she partnered with Michael D. Ratner, Founder and CEO of OBB Media, to begin producing her beloved brand. Hailey launched her ideas on her YouTube channel, a platform that proved to be incredibly successful; her channel was reportedly one of the quickest accounts to reach one million plus subscribers on YouTube. She also posted TikTok videos about skincare, answered questions, created conversations with followers, and started an Instagram account, which gained around 200 thousand followers before dropping a single post.

According to Forbes, “Bieber hired a team of six full-time employees that are all women as part of Rhode’s message of female empowerment. Expanding on that sentiment, one percent of sales will go to the Rhode Futures Foundation, which aims to invest and support 1,000 women and their families by 2023. For their first year, Rhode is partnering with the Accion Opportunity Fund, Black Mamas Matter Alliance and the LIFT Communities Family Goal Fund.” So, not only is Bieber a devoted businesswoman and beautician, but she is also an avid philanthropist and feminist.

All products are vegan, gluten-free and cruelty-free, as well as dermatologist developed, and the sleek, clean packaging is highly sustainable and environmentally friendly, made of post-consumer resin plastics (PCR). Every product in the line is under $30, allowing for good-quality, efficacious skincare products to be accessible to a broader population.

The Rhode line currently consists of three incredible products, including:

Glaze (Peptide Glazing Fluid):

Glaze is a gel serum that aims to plump and hydrate the face’s natural skin barrier to create glowing skin. It contains so many rich, natural ingredients, such as shea butter (which moisturizes with fatty acids and vitamins), squalane (a plant-based ingredient meant to further boosts the skin barrier), peptides (removes lines and plumps), acai (an antioxidant-rich substance that protects skin), niacinamide (skin brightener and improves texture) and marula oil (softens the skin with fatty acids).

Restore (Barrier Restore Cream):

Restore is a lightweight moisturizing cream that replenishes moisture and relieves an irritated skin barrier. It achieves smoother, softer and better-hydrated skin with its antioxidant-rich ingredients.

Treat (Peptide Lip Treatment):

Treat is a lip formula that nourishes dry skin on the lips and leaves them looking glossy and radiant. It comes in three lush flavors, including watermelon slice, salted caramel and fragrance-free.

As of now, all items are completely sold out, however, there is a waiting list on the Rhode website.

It is quite evident that Hailey Bieber is intentional and passionate about her brand through the attention to detail she puts into the creation, packaging and promotion of the line. Rhode expands the beauty and skincare world beyond just a simple “brand;” it is one that truly cares about how the products are made, what they are made of and most importantly, how they will impact their dedicated consumers and fans.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Isabelle Bruty is a current freshman at Florida State University, and is majoring in English: Editing, Writing & Media (EWM). She loves fashion, makeup, Netflix, travel and anything pink. When she isn't writing or studying, she is out playing tennis, scrolling through TikTok or binging the next new show.