Drake and Taylor Swift have been good friends for a while, but are they really dropping a collab music track?

Hashtag #TBT is always trending; that being said, a throwback on an Instagram post is always a cool thing. Drake, aka @champagnepapi, posted a five-picture carousel on Monday, April 18: the first one of a pinkish well-lit concert; the second of his four-year-old son, Adonis, throwing up a peace sign; the third of him posing in front of a beach sunset; the fourth of him putting his chin on his palms; and the fifth is the one we’ve all been waiting for is Drake and Taylor Swift’s throwback photo. He captioned his post, “They too soft to understand the meaning of hard work,” which left fans and news reporters with many questions.

According to Buzzfeed, “As for why Drake decided to share the throwback now, it has been speculated that the post is an Easter egg to hint at the imminent release of a Taylor rerecording that he will feature on.” They also added that “Drake has all but confirmed that he will feature on an upcoming vault track, but they are torn on what album this means that Taylor will release next.”

One fan even tweeted, “Reputation (Taylor’s Version) feat Drake just saying.” While another added, “Drake x Taylor omfg Reputation era all over again.”

Another fan tweet mentioned, “So #bbmas tweeted ‘Big announcement this week’ in a cryptic Taylor Swift way and at the same day Drake posted a picture with Taylor THIS CAN’T BE A COINCIDENCE SOMETHING REALLY IS COMING.” 

This post by the Billboard Music Awards gave many fans hope that there may be an upcoming collaboration in the making. 

Additionally, Taylor Swift has been in the process of re-releasing her first six albums after Big Machine Records. Her old label chose to refuse to sell her the masters of her original recordings and instead brokered a deal with Scooter Braun.  

According to Rolling Stone, a standard clause in contracts says songs cannot be rerecorded until “the later of two years following the agreement’s expiration or five years after the commercial release.” This was also a hint that a collaboration right now is not possible to be included in her re-release of Reputation

According to People.com, “Swifties shouldn’t get their hopes up as the two have long been friends. Swift, 32, even attended Drake’s birthday party back in 2016. That same year, Swift hilariously fell off a treadmill in an ad for Apple Music while rapping Drake and Future’s “Jumpman.” Drake then danced to Swift’s hit “Bad Blood” in a different Apple Music commercial.”

Sadly, TMZ posted a recent article on Tuesday, April 19 that “Drake and Taylor Swift are NOT about to drop new music together…despite a social media post from Drizzy fueling rumors about a potential collab in the works.” 

A source directly told TMZ that “sadly there is NO collab between Drake and Taylor that is about to be released, and Champagne Papi’s Instagram post from Monday is just a throwback photo with no hidden message.”

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

Hanya is an Integrated Marketing Communication graduate student. She earned her Bachelor's degree in Advertising and minored in Entrepreneurship at Florida State University. She is an iced coffee type of gal, and you will always find her holding one. She binge watches Netflix, Tiktok, and random YouTube videos. She is passionate about everything advertising-related and is a media enthusiast.