Meet Sebastien Edmond: Inspiring Tallahassee Through Photography

Name: Sebastien Edmond

Age: 21

Classification: Junior

Major: Economics

Hometown: Miami, Florida

A well-known photographer once said, “Photography is the story I fail to put into words” and this phrase couldn’t be truer for Sebastien Edmond, a Tallahassee based photographer. Born and raised in the city of Miami, Edmond’s path to photography is similar to that of many others; he was exposed to photography through school. During his 10th grade year, Edmond decided to join the yearbook committee where he was in charge of taking yearbook and school event pictures. After working for the committee for two years, he decided to take some time off once he graduated. It was during his hiatus, he was approached by a model in need of a photographer. “She remembered me from when I used to take photos for the yearbook and her birthday was coming up, so she asked me to photograph her. After that shoot, I think I can honestly say that was the moment I truly fell in love with photography and I’ve been doing it ever since.”

In the five years that Edmond has been a photographer, he has dipped and dabbled into various types of photography. After starting off with portrait photography, he went on to do photography for proms, restaurants, different companies, as well as various in and out of town events. “I want to be able to master all types of photography. I don’t ever want to get too comfortable with just doing one type because there’s always room for growth and improvement.” To Edmond, photography is much more than just snapping pictures. Over the last few years, he has helped women get signed to modeling agencies, stating “I’ve had models contact me and ask if I can help them build their portfolios. We’d sit down, they would tell me what their vision for the photo shoots was and I’d bring the ideas to life. I’ve helped get several models signed to the agencies they really wanted to get into.”

When asked what sets him apart from any other Tallahassee based photographer, Edmond says, “my level of consistency. When pictures come out beautiful, they come out beautiful but it takes a lot of work to shoot consistently. I am always working hard to make sure that my clients are comfortable with being in front of the camera. I am constantly learning the ins and outs of my camera: the settings, the lighting, you know, all that good stuff.” The great thing about working with Edmond is that photos with similar themes don’t end up looking the same. For instance, two clients can each request a beach photoshoot and the only thing they’ll have in common is the setting.

Anyone who is open to building their portfolio or who is in the spirit of getting their photos taken, feel free to send a direct message to Sebastien Edmond’s business page on Instagram at @wc_perspective or you can email him at bookwcp@gmail.com. There, you can view his online portfolio and who knows, maybe his work will inspire you to go out and start something you’ve never done before.

All images courtesy of Sebastien Edmond

A senior attending Florida State. Double majoring in English and French. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.