Meet Marissa Masters: She’s Hot, Single, and Ready to Make a Difference!

Name: Marissa Masters

Year: Senior

Major: Psychology

Minors: Spanish, and Child Development

Hometown: Weeki Wachi, FL

Relationship Status: Single

Interests: Spinning, group fitness, healthy lifestyle, coffee, crafting, wine, movies, and Youtube

Meet Florida State Seminole, Marissa Masters. Not only is she absolutely adorable with a contagious laugh and kind heart, but she has made some amazing contributions to Florida State University and will continue to do so after graduation. Check out her interview to find out more about this special ‘Nole!

Her Campus (HC): So let’s start off with the important stuff. Would you rather have hair made of spaghetti or meatballs for eyes?

Marissa Masters (MM): Definitely spaghetti for hair because I don’t eat meat and that would be gross!

HC: Oh, so you’re a vegetarian?

MM: Actually, I’m a pescetarian. So I still eat fish, but no other meat. I’ve read a lot of articles and seen documentaries about GMOs [Genetically Modified Organisms] and other chemicals in food. We’re not going to know the effects of the hormones on our bodies until this generation is older and that’s a scary thought. I don’t want to be one of those people that don’t know what they’re eating. I buy my own groceries and make all my own food so I know exactly what I’m putting in my body. But I have to say I do miss the occasional nuggets from Chick-fil-a.

HC: What are some things you’re involved with on campus?

MM: I’m a third year Resident Assistant in Broward Hall. Before I was in Bryan and Jennie Murphree. I’ve worked at the Denny’s on campus for the past four years, which has been a VERY interesting experience. I’ve also worked in two different labs as a research assistant. I was in a social psychology lab and I’m currently working in developmental psychology helping a professor and graduate students look at the importance of literacy and reading interventions for young kids.

HC: Are you nervous to be graduating?

MM: I’m really nervous because this is that huge step into adulthood. I guess I’ve technically been on my own for the past four years. It hasn’t really felt that way because I’ve been surrounded by close friends.

HC: What are your plans for post graduation?

MM: I’m moving to Cincinnati/Dayton area for Teach for America (TFA) to teach middle grade science in a bilingual setting.

HC: That’s so exciting! What made you decide to apply for TFA?

MM: I wasn’t exactly sure what I wanted to go to grad school for but I’ve always known I want to work with kids. I did an internship with the Tallahassee Florida Autism Center and thought maybe TFA would help me to decide which area I wanted to go to grad school for. Now is the time in my life where I’m not committed to anyone or anything. It’s the perfect opportunity to explore and have new experiences. More importantly, education is something I’ve always been passionate about and I’m excited to make a difference in these kids’ lives.

HC: So does that mean you’re not looking for any commitments, say romantically?

MM: I’m not necessarily looking but I think if the right guy were to come around and I thought it could be something special, then I wouldn’t be opposed.

HC: What would you say is your best piece of advice for incoming college students and underclassmen?

MM: Start building your resume early. Get a part-time job if you can, get involved and volunteer. Don’t wait and procrastinate on all those things because it will catch up to you and that last thing you’ll want to do your last few months here is to feel overwhelmed and unprepared. On the other hand, don’t forget to have fun. Even if your tired and just want to watch Netflix, try and go out with friends and enjoy yourself. This is a once in a lifetime experience and not everyone has the privilege to go to such an amazing university.

HC: What have you enjoyed the most about your time here at FSU?

MM: I’ve loved the past four years. Getting to go on little trips with friends and having a great time. I’ll always remember the crazy nights I’ve had in “Talla-nasty.” I’ve loved developing relationships with all my residents. Even some that I had two years ago will run into me and thank me for being there for them when I was their RA. That really touches my heart. Honestly this past year was the best because I was blessed to have such an amazing RA staff and Denny’s co-workers. I never thought that through a college job I would meet some of my future bridesmaids.

Courtnee is a senior at the beautiful Florida State Univeristy majoring in Public Relations. She is involved in various student organizations on campus, is a Resident Assistant in Landis Hall (shout out to her BLG fam and the 4th floor!), and works part time at The Zimmerman Agency doing what she loves.In her free time, you can find Courtnee reading a book, playing soccer, binge watching netflix, laying on the beach, or eating entire pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream in one sitting (usually while binge watching Netflix).She has a slight obsession with puppies and boybands and her wonderful family.After graduation, Courtnee is moving to Munich, Germany for a year where she will be an au pair. Once back from this journey Courtnee hopes to move to New York City and find a way to become a part of the SNL team, whether it's as a public relations associate, cast member or janitor... She WILL make it to SNL.She hopes you take something out of "The Collegiette's Guide to Happy and Healthy Living," even if it's just a laugh. Thank you for reading :) "She was a girl who new how to be happy even when she was sad, and that's important." ~Marilyn Monroe
Her Campus at Florida State University.