Meet Campus Celebrity Sam Goldmacher

Meet Samantha Goldmacher! This campus celebrity is a dedicated and hardworking member of FSU’s community. Her contagious positivity and warm-heartedness is something that you’ll always want to be around. Read on to find out more about our campus celebrity, Samantha Goldmacher!

Age: 20

Year: Junior

Major: Family and Child Sciences

Her Campus (HC): What organizations and clubs are you involved in and what are you roles in each?

Samantha Goldmacher (SG):

·         C.A.R.E. (Center for Academic Retention and Enhancement)- general student

·         Sigma Delta Tau- Vice President of Communication (2012-2013)

·         Panhellenic Association: Recruitment Counselor, Summer 2013. Assistant Head Recruitment Counselor 2013-2014

·         Dance Marathon- Recruitment and Outreach Assistant, 2013-2014

HC: What is the best thing you have experienced at FSU so far?

SG: The best thing I have experienced so far are the people. Getting to know so many different people from all across this campus from diverse walks of life is what keeps me involved and wanting to reach out each and every day. Making relationships and memories with each person is something I am truly grateful for.

HC: If you can give advice to a new FSU student (a girl) what would it be?

SG: The best piece of advice I can give a new woman is to follow your passion. Getting involved through the many FSU organizations and clubs has guided my path on this campus. By putting yourself out there and trying new things, you can really learn a lot about yourself and what you want to accomplish. Also, always be yourself because that is when your personality shines, and positivity reigns, and it becomes infectious to others.

HC: What has working as a team member of Dance Marathon done for you and why do you think students at FSU should get involved?

SG: Being apart of the Dance Marathon team has impacted my life for so many different reasons. First, I have learned how to truly work in a large team setting. There are so many amazing ideas and constant innovation being thrown around in this group, and this group of leaders makes me want to be the best version of myself. I get to work with so many different students from many different areas of Florida State. I always get excited to learn more about every area of FSU’s campus that is available to me. Personally, I love this organization and what we stand for. The Children’s Miracle Network is an amazing organization, raising funds for ill children and their families. I have always loved working with children, and this organization stood out to me day once I found out about it.

I truly believe students would benefit from getting involved in Dance Marathon. We offer so many different areas that one can choose from, whether it be a Dancer (the sole heart of the event; dancing and having a great time for 20 hours, and fundraising for those families who are forever grateful to you), a general Volunteer (to be able to help out behind the scenes of the event), or even getting involved through the C.O.R.E. team, or executive board. I started off as a Dancer last year, and it changed my life in 20 hours. Through all of the fun activities during the event, hearing miracle stories from families and seeing how our hard work and funds are being paid off, it made me want to make even more miracles happen, and join the C.O.R.E. team this year, and work along-side an amazing group of leaders who are so passionate, dedicated, and hard working for an amazing cause. I believe it can create growth as a leader, instill passion, and change the lives of thousands of students if they were to get involved with Dance Marathon.

HC: What is your favorite thing about FSU?

SG: My favorite thing about FSU is the spirit. This campus is electrified with positivity and community love that is unlike any other campus. Everywhere you go, you meet someone that can impact your life in an instant. This Seminole spirit is what keeps me going, whether it be through finals week, a tedious project, or back-to-back meetings with no breaks. I love this school and what it does for people. It installs growth and development, and can turn your average high schooler into a positive, confident leader with great amounts of knowledge.

HC: Who is your role model?

SG:I have so many amazing people that I look up to each day. One of my biggest role models in my life is my mother. She has been through some tough times, and has never been stopped by them. She is a constant ball of energy, positivity, and love! Each day I live out my fullest potential because of my mom. She has always taught me that giving 100% to everything you do is what is going to lead to success. But, always remembering to have fun along the way.

HC: Tell us an interesting fact about yourself!

SG: An interesting fact about myself is I can pretty much quote any F.R.I.E.N.D.S. episode that has been made. Saying I am obsessed is an understatement!

Maria Losada is a senior at Florida State University pursuing a double major in International Affairs and Editing, Writing and Media. She is driven by her passion for writing and seeks to inspire others through it.  She loves learning about different cultures, languages, and especially enjoys tasting international cuisines!  On her down time you can catch her dancing salsa, reading articles from Her Campus FSU, or daydreaming about her next travel destination. She hopes to live in Washington D.C.  and work for an international development agency."Little by little, one travels far."