Beyonce at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Beyonce at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Cliff Lipson / CBS
Wellness

Workout Inspo from Beyoncé’s Tour-Prep Routine

In 2023, Beyoncé embarked on her ninth tour, the Renaissance Tour. Every week for nearly five months, the queen amazed audiences around the globe with her jaw-dropping vocals, exquisite pyrotechnics, and exhilarating dance routines. This tour was not only highly praised by fans, but it was also Beyoncé’s highest-grossing tour in history. In addition to feelings of post-show depression and constant loops of the entire Beyoncé catalog, something else lingered about in the depths of audience members’ minds in the weeks following the show: How does she do it? I’ll be looking through Beyoncé’s tour-prep fitness routine to provide you with the tools and power to begin physically and mentally feeling like the queen that you truly are.

Endurance is the buzzword of this article. Beyoncé should become the definition of endurance, as it served as the key focus for her while she physically prepped for this tour. After all, it’s her insane level of endurance that allowed her to put on all her show-stopping performances throughout the tour.

As a rather petite person myself who wants to be more physically active this year, I had no clue what to actually do or focus on in regard to exercising. Nevertheless, I gained a lot of insight into different exercises and how I can build up my strength and endurance from reading about Beyoncé’s workout routine. I’m no gym expert, and Beyoncé and the reporters are certainly not medical professionals. Thus, I’m referring to Beyoncé’s workout routine as inspiration for all of us.

monday

Beyoncé designates each day of the work week to a specific area of her body. Mondays happen to be designated to cardio which, for my fellow workout newbies and biology-class haters, refers to the movements of your heart. In other words, these exercises are going to get your heart thumping. Beyoncé’s exercises for cardio include going on runs and doing lunges, step-ups, and squats. These are things you can do in the gym or in and around your dorm room or apartment. Just throw on your favorite T-shirt and lounge shorts, grab a drink, and blast any song on Lemonade.

tuesday

Tuesdays are terrific and dedicated to core and strength. For engaging your core, some of Beyoncé’s go-to moves include crunches, planks, and sit-ups. A lot of these can be done with weights. If you don’t have weights of your own, fear not; a large water bottle or textbook will be perfect to use instead. With these workouts, I recommend using a bit of a slower song that has a distinct tempo you can line up your up-down movements with. Good songs for these workouts include “Halo” and “Crazy in Love” which, shameless plug, are some of the best Beyoncé songs.

wednesday

We’ve come to hump day, also known as boxing day if you’re Beyoncé. The actual art of boxing will probably require you to attend a boxing class at the gym, but you can also use towels or another kind of hand wraps to do this workout at home. Put on the most upbeat Beyoncé anthems like “Break My Soul” and have the time of your life showing the world how unbreakable you are. Punching the air and having a dance party have got to be some of the greatest forms of rejuvenation and self-love that exist. For a little bit of a warm-up or cool-down, do some other cardio exercises, such as bicycle crunches and Russian twists. Move like nobody’s watching, because you own the floor!

thursday

Another day starting with “T” means another day focusing on core and strength. My advice for this entire process is to be kind to yourself. Thank yourself for putting in the work and treat yourself to a more low-key core and strength day by either repeating the same routine you did on Tuesday or trying something new. This is a good time to examine your growth too, but also remember to give yourself grace and patience. You are doing the amazing work of pouring effort into your personal wellness. You run the world, girl!

friday

It’s Friday, the best day of the week, and the best way to launch into the weekend is with some SoulCycle and arms exercises. It’s time to put the earbuds in, cue up the entire Renaissance album, and briskly walk around campus or your local downtown. You can also locate your favorite staircase and go up and down that several times to get your body thumping. Today, you’re focusing on the whole body along with the beautiful environment around you.

Congrats on getting through the week and putting you first! You are strong, beautiful, and truly embodying queen energy.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Hi, my name is Ally and I’m part of the Florida State University Class of 2027. I’ve been singing since I could talk and I’m so proud to be in the FSU College of Music. I’m majoring in Music Therapy, and that will allow me to use my love for music to help other people. When I’m not making music, you’ll find me visiting local cafés and ice cream shops, planning my bucket list Disney vacations, or binging the latest documentary series on Netflix. I’m beyond excited to be a part of the Her Campus community, and I cannot wait to pour my passions for creativity and advocacy in to my articles.