Style

Chic and Affordable Makeup Must-Haves to Revamp Your 2024 Collection

Happy New Year to all makeup lovers! If you’re anything like me, 2024 has inspired a new wave of mental growth and prosperity. For me, this looks like cleaning and freshening up for the new year. I would say I’m successful in this endeavor, but as I scan my room and come face to face with my makeup collection — yikes. It’s busted, rusted, and dusted. I’ve had some of these products since the 2018 beauty YouTuber influencer era. It’s safe to say that the brands, trends, and products in my collection have changed since then. Long gone are the days of being obsessed over the Tarte Shape Tape or the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow.

To keep up with the new trends in the most affordable and student-friendly manner possible, I’m here today to recommend some new, exciting makeup to you. Let’s throw out those expired cosmetics and treat ourselves in 2024.

Face and Base Products

The Maybelline Super Stay Up To 24HR Skin Tint

@nikkietutorials

I know what I’m wearing all Summer! Tried the Super Stay Skin Tint and I’m living for it! This new long-wearing formula is the skin tint that never let’s you down.. in Maybelline we trust! #maybellinepartner

♬ original sound – nikkietutorials

If you are an on-the-go student with limited time to brush up your look, this new Maybelline skin tint is the right product. Infused with Vitamin C and made to last all day, this skin tint provides a lightweight feel that makes application a breeze. With 18 shades ranging from cool, neutral, and warm undertones, there’s a product for everyone. Influence Nikki Tutorials raved about this skin tint as her go-to pick for the summer.

The E.l.f. Cosmetics Camo Concealers

I may be a bit late on this trend, but I quickly hopped on. This affordable and high-coverage concealer will mask any blemishes or dark circles on a wide range of complexions. e.l.f. Cosmetics offers matte and hydrating formulas to fit just about anyone’s skin type.

The Maybelline Fit Me Loose and Pressed Face Powders

As much as we would all love to have the Laura Mercier powder, it’s quite pricey. For a fifth of the price and more accessible, reach for these Maybelline Fit Me powders instead. With a mattifying formula that lasts all day, these powders compare to high-end on every level. They come in tinted and translucent formulas with various uses, from setting, baking, brightening, and sculpting.

Cheek Toppers: Bronze, Blush, and Highlight Products

The Juvia’s Place Bronzed Cream Bronzer

Unfortunately, finding an affordable and high-quality bronzer that comes in a proper shade range is a challenge. Many drugstore bronzers don’t include deeper-toned complexion products. That’s where Juvia’s Place steps in. They have cream and powder formulas (run, don’t walk because the cream is currently on sale) with eight different shades from light to deep dark. The best part is that they aren’t overly warm-toned, meaning they could also double for contour. Watch as influencer InnerBeautyOut swatches some of these gorgeous tones.

The E.l.f. Cosmetics Camo Liquid Blush

If I think of one makeup product that took the world by storm, it would be the Rare Beauty Liquid Blush. While it is an exceptional product and famous for a reason, for $23, it is on the pricey side. In walks e.l.f. Cosmetics to save the day once again. The Camo Liquid Blush is a dupe (makeup jargon meaning duplicate) for the Rare Beauty product. In nine shades that are flattering on all skin tones, e.l.f. put out a blush that is diverse, pigmented, hydrating, easily blended, and perfect for a no-makeup makeup look.

Milani Strobelight Instant Glow Powder Highlighter

Finding a quality highlighter that doesn’t come off chalky at the drugstore can be difficult. While there are great options for some liquid highlighters, like the e.l.f. Halo Glow sticks, the powder highlight market tends to be ignored. Milani’s Strobelight highlighter is a fantastic formula that combines the high-end look of a pearly finish at an affordable price.

Lashes and Lips

Maybelline Sensational Sky High Mascara

If you’re looking for a new mascara to lengthen, lift, and bold your lashes, look no further than the Sky High formulas from Maybelline. This mascara comes in a wide range of finishes and colors.

In 2024, I would love to see a new trend of colorful mascara. There’s something so captivating and elevated about ditching the old black mascara for something brown, blue, or burgundy. Imagine some burgundy mascara on bright green eyes! How amazing would that look? Maybelline has all the shades to broaden your makeup horizon with this new trend!

L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Voluminous Matte Lipstick

If you’re looking for a lightweight, matte (so you can add lip gloss), and pigmented lipstick, L’Oreal’s Colour Riche lipsticks are here to save the day. The lipstick comes in berry shades, reds, and nudes for the perfect lipstick collection. It’s matte without being dry, the best of both worlds for flattering and kissable lips.

I’ve recapped some of the chicest and budget-friendly makeup that 2024 has to offer. The drugstore makeup world has seriously upped its game in the past 10 years, from brand-new launches to some oldies but goodies. Update your collection today and face the new year with a fresh face!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Maggie Metz is a Staff Writer in the Florida State chapter. She is a freshman who is majoring in Advertising and minoring in Sociology with an interest in working with an advertising agency in her future. She enjoys a hot latte, social media, nature walks, yoga, and Legos.