Do you want to work for the #1 online global community for college women? Her Campus FSU is currently accepting applications for the Fall 2018 semester!  

What is Her Campus?

Her Campus is the #1 online global community for college women. It was founded in 2009 by three undergraduate women at Harvard University—Stephanie Kaplan Lewis, Windsor Hanger Western and Annie Wang. HerCampus.com features content nationally surrounding style, beauty, health, love, life, career, entertainment, news, DIY, LGBTQ+, high school and so much more. Since it began, Her Campus has grown immensely, with over 350 campus chapters nationwide and can be found in 11 countries as well. The Her Campus community caters to the “collegiette,” a college woman who is on top of her game – strategically career-minded, distinctly fashionable, socially connected, academically driven, and smartly health-conscious, who endeavors to get the most out of her college experience on every level.

Her Campus FSU is the Florida State University chapter of Her Campus. HCFSU covers stories including news, style, entertainment, career and more on both a local and national scale. We are a Pink Level chapter, which is the highest ranking a Her Campus chapter can receive, putting us in the top 20 percent of all chapters. Not only is HCFSU a great place for aspiring journalists and editors to create a strong foundation for the future but it is also an organization, meaning that there is a strong sense of community within the entire team.

Courtesy: Melizza Black

Meet our Campus Correspondents!

Editors-in-chief Melizza Black and Liz Dorwart are both seniors at Florida State graduating in May 2019.

Melizza is double majoring in Editing Writing and Media and Public Relations. This is Melizza’s third year as a member of the Her Campus FSU team. When she’s not on campus, you can find her scoping out Tallahassee restaurants, exploring a local park or lounging by the pool with her head in a book. She has a passion for all things social media and stays up-to-date on all of the hottest YouTube influencers. You can read her Her Campus Interview and follow her on Instagram @melizza.black.

Liz is double majoring in Editing, Writing & Media and Political Science with a minor in Communications. Liz hopes to one day work as a writer or editor in the media industry or as a journalist. This is her third year with Her Campus FSU and she looks forward to getting to know each and every new member. In addition to writing, Liz also enjoys trying new recipes from Pinterest and laying on the beach. You can get to know her better by following her on Instagram @liz.dorwart and reading her Her Campus Interview.

They’re both so excited for the upcoming year and have plenty of exciting plans for the chapter!

Who Makes up the Her Campus FSU team?

1. Staff Writers:

Staff writers comprise the majority of our Her Campus FSU team. Each week, writers have the opportunity to write articles on topics they’re passionate about within one of our three categories: news features, personal features and profiles. The team operates on a rotation system so that each writer has the opportunity to work with each of the sections throughout the semester. This is a great chance to create a writing portfolio and give aspiring writers a lot of practice for the future.

2. Content and Copy Editors:

Content editors, about 10 members on the team, are assigned a cluster of 4 to 5 writers whose articles they edit each week during the semester, providing helpful feedback for the writers. The copy editors, about two or three members of the team, look over all of the articles and write engaging teasers for each one before the editors-in-chief schedule them for publishing. Both positions work closely with the editors-in-chief and managing editor and each opportunity provides staff members with a strong foundation and editorial experience.

In addition to these positions, writers and editors alike will also have the opportunity to join the social media and breaking news teams. As a member of the social media team, headed by our Social Media Director, the staff will have the opportunity to expand their social media repertoire and knowledge by posting on one of our three social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) each week. Our breaking news team will write and publish local and national news stories as soon as it breaks, keeping our readers up-to-date on the latest in entertainment, politics, celebrities and more.

Apply to join our team today and be sure to reach out to editors-in-chief Liz Dorwart and Melizza Black (fsu@hercampus.com) with any questions! Applications are due Monday, August 11 at midnight.

Elizabeth Dorwart is Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus FSU. When she's not reading, writing, or editing articles, she enjoys trying new recipes from Pinterest or playing with her cats. Feel free to ask her any Taylor Swift trivia because she probably knows the answer.
I'm currently studying Editing Writing & Media and Public Relations at FSU. When I'm not busy, I love scouting out new restaurants, parks and things to do around Tallahassee. And of course I document it all on Instagram! #DoItForTheGram
Her Campus at Florida State University.