Join the Her Campus FSU Team!

Do you want to work for the #1 online global community for college women? Her Campus FSU currently accepting applications for the spring 2018 semester!  

What is Her Campus?

Her Campus is the #1 online global community for college women. It was founded in 2009 by three undergraduate women at Harvard University—Stephanie Kaplan Lewis, Windsor Hanger Western and Annie Wang. HerCampus.com features content nationally surrounding style, beauty, health, love, life, career, entertainment, news, DIY, LGBTQ+, high school and so much more. Since it began, Her Campus has grown immensely, with over 350 campus chapters nationwide and can be found in 11 countries as well. The Her Campus community caters to the “collegiette,” a college woman who is on top of her game – strategically career-minded, distinctly fashionable, socially connected, academically driven, and smartly health-conscious, who endeavors to get the most out of her college experience on every level.

Her Campus FSU is the Florida State University chapter of Her Campus. HCFSU covers stories including news, style, entertainment, career and more on both a local and national scale. We are a Pink Level chapter, which is the highest ranking a Her Campus chapter can receive, putting us in the top 20 percent of all chapters. Not only is HCFSU a great place for aspiring journalists and editors to create a strong foundation for the future but it is also an organization, meaning that there is a strong sense of community within the entire team.

Courtesy: Felicity Warner

Meet our Campus Correspondents! Editors-in-chief Felicity Warner and Eliana DuBosar are both seniors at Florida State graduating in May 2018. Felicity is double majoring in Media/Communication Studies and Editing, Writing and Media, and is also minoring in Entrepreneurship. This is Felicity’s fourth year as a member of the Her Campus FSU team. Eliana is majoring in Editing, Writing and Media and minoring in Religion, and this is her second year with HCFSU, having started in fall 2016.

Who Makes up the Her Campus FSU team?

1. Staff Writers:

Staff Writers comprise the majority of our Her Campus FSU team. Each week, writers have the opportunity to write articles on topics they’re passionate about within one of our three categories: news features, personal features and profiles. The team operates on a rotation system so that each writer has the opportunity to work with each of the sections throughout the semester. This is a great chance to create a writing portfolio and give aspiring writers a lot of practice for the future.

2. Content and Copy Editors:

Content editors, about 10 members on the team, are assigned a cluster of 4 to 5 writers whose articles they edit each week during the semester, providing helpful feedback for the writers. The copy editors, about two or three members of the team, look over all of the articles and write engaging teasers for each one before the editors-in-chief schedule them for publishing. Both positions work closely with the editors-in-chief and managing editor and each opportunity provides staff members with a strong foundation and editorial experience.

In addition to these positions, writers and editors alike will also have the opportunity to join the social media team. As a member of the team, headed by our Social Media Director Taylor Zollo, the staff will have the opportunity to expand their social media repertoire and knowledge by posting on one of our three social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) each week.

Apply to join our team today and be sure to reach out to editors-in-chief Felicity Warner and Eliana DuBosar (fsu@hercampus.com) with any questions! Applications are due Friday, January 12 at midnight. 

Felicity was previously the Style Editor for Her Campus Media. Felicity graduated in May of 2018 from Florida State University with a double major in Editing, Writing, & Media and Media/Communication Studies. Before joining the team full-time, Felicity was a staff writer, content editor, the managing editor, and the campus correspondent throughout her four years at the FSU chapter. She has interned with Better Homes & Gardens, Sarasota Magazine, and Sachs Media Group during her college career. In her spare time, Felicity likes to explore new coffee shops, go to any local concert, or hunt for new finds at her favorite thrift stores. Felicity was previously the Style Editor for Her Campus Media. Felicity graduated in May of 2018 from Florida State University with a double major in Editing, Writing, & Media and Media/Communication Studies. Before joining the team full-time, Felicity was a staff writer, content editor, the managing editor, and the campus correspondent throughout her four years at the FSU chapter. She has interned with Better Homes & Gardens, Sarasota Magazine, and Sachs Media Group during her college career. In her spare time, Felicity likes to explore new coffee shops, go to any local concert, or hunt for new finds at her favorite thrift stores.