Jennifer Winick Talks Travel, Advice for Underclassmen and More

Name: Jennifer Winick

Hometown: Plantation, FL

Year: Senior

Age: 21

Major: Marketing

Relationship Status: Single

Courtesy: Jennifer Winick

Her Campus (HC): If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be and why?

Jennifer Winick (JW): Ambitious. I set a lot of goals in every aspect of my life. Whether it’s school, DG or future jobs. Most people know that I don’t take “no” for an answer. 

HC: Speaking of future jobs, what are your plans after graduation?

JW: I plan on moving to New York and working for a marketing firm. I think it would be so remarkable to work with different brands and companies and help build their image.

HC: What’s your fondest memory of FSU?

JW: Studying abroad is definitely one of my best memories. I was in Florence for six weeks, traveled all around Italy and went to Paris and London. I loved learning all the different customs and it helped me grow into a stronger person. I also miss all the really good food and cheap wine. Being there makes me want to travel all around Europe.

HC: So with that in mind, what’s the next place you want to visit?

JW: I would love to ski in the Swiss Alps during the winter.

HC: That’s pretty adventurous. What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?

JW: My dad took me sky diving for my 19th birthday in Miami, FL.

HC: You mentioned you are in DG. Why did you choose this sorority?

JW: Going through rush I always felt that I had to impress the girls I was talking to, but when I went to DG I felt like I could just relax, have a normal conversation and be myself. I felt at home and knew that there was nowhere else I could see myself.

Courtesy: Jennifer Winick

HC: Do you hold any positions in DG?

JW: Yes, I’m the Director of Scholarship. I’ve always taken school really seriously and I enjoy being that person that my chapter can come to when they are having issues or need advice about their major, classes or their grades.

HC: What song best describes you?

JW: “Roar” by Katy Perry.

HC: What’s your guilty pleasure?

JW: This is about to sound really basic, but I know all of the celebrity gossip and I love reality TV especially Big Brother and The Bachelor.

HC: As a graduating senior, what advice would you give to the underclassmen?

JW: Find happiness in unexpected places. Put all of your energy into what really matters – your family, friends and school.

HC: What is a quote you live by?

JW: “The universe is funny that way, sometimes it just has a way of making sure we wind up exactly where we belong.”

Courtesy: Jennifer Winick

Anjelica MacGregor attends Florida State University as a Junior studying English: Editing, Writing & Media. She is a notable writer who loves writing about everyday life. When she is not writing about the latest trends, she can be found soaking in the sun or breaking a sweat at the local gym. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.