College is about experiencing new things, discovering yourself, gaining independence and having the freedom to do what you want. It’s this freedom that makes us ladies feel empowered, but then there’s being ghosted which is one of the worst feelings in the world.

Let’s say you’ve gone on a few dates with someone or talked to them for a while, and then suddenly, they just cut you off— all communication dropped. This is being ghosted. There’s nothing spookier than that. It sucks because there’s no explanation or reason why they disappear out of your life, but sometimes it’s not always bad. Things happen for a reason (BOY BYE). 

There’s a way to bounce back from it, so don’t lose hope or confidence, ladies! And to my ghosts out there, here’s a secret: we get over it.

Accept it

Let’s get real, knowing that someone doesn’t feel the same way about you is not a good feeling at all. It’s a learning process and something that is bound to happen in life that we must face. Maybe they don’t want the same thing as you, maybe they aren’t ready for commitment or even knew what they wanted in the first place. But this is not the end, so accept that. Stop thinking that it’s your fault because you probably did something, or that you’ve been ghosted because you’re not cute enough. Remember, sometimes you have to kiss a bunch of frogs to meet your prince. Accept it and move on.

Move on 

Do you really want someone that ghosted you? Set your ghost free, honey. Whoever ghosted you DOES NOT deserve you. Stop checking their social media accounts and activity and realize that you deserve someone better who is going to want and cherish you, not someone that is going to cut you off without saying anything. You deserve all the happiness in the world, and it will come. And remember that you’re a bad b****, and you don’t need anyone, so own THAT.

Take back YOUR time

Look on the bright side, you get to take back the metime you deserve! You don’t have to waste your time anymore worrying about who is going to text who first, or if they left you open on Snapchat because let’s admit it, we spend a lot of time thinking about why they haven’t responded. Most likely talking to this one person also took up a lot of your time, but the effort and time you put into texting, getting ready for dates, and looking nice (especially to send a snap) have now turned back into YOU time. Now, you can simply put on those comfy pajama pants, grab some wine, and binge watch some Netflix.

From experience, I know that being ghosted isn’t fun. But don’t let this bring down your smile or confidence! Keep doing you, good luck out there collegiettes!

All images courtesy of Giphy