Here’s the Flower That Represents Your Zodiac Sign

People love astrology because of its deep rules and characteristics. It lets so many of us sit down and appreciate that our place in this big open universe might be pulled from the stars we were born under. It has a poetic sentiment and even a bit of fun, even if it is just used to pass the time. Flowers, as it seems, hold the same meaning and rules. People have forgotten the symbolic meaning that many flowers hold but it’s still fun to think about everything that they might mean and flowers have a place in our birth charts as much as any gemstone or color.

Below I’ve carefully worked on figuring out which flowers best represent the signs:

Aries: March 21 – April 20

Flower: Tulips

Courtesy: Needpix

It becomes fitting that the youngest sign also has the flower that symbolizes a rebirth and reclaiming of life towards the springtime. Tulips match an Aries in both energy, confidence and enthusiasm. The flower is given to give messages of deep or ‘perfect’ love, forgiveness or even just happiness and cheerful thoughts. 

Taurus: April 21 – May 21

Flower: Poppy

Courtesy: Pixabay​

Where the Taurus leans into the characteristics of being headstrong and even stubborn at times, they also come forward with sensible and well-thought-out ideas. It lets them plan things through with a fierce passion that is something to be admired. Poppies are self-seeding flowers that have no need for a helping hand from gardeners to keep their livelihood up, catering nicely to a Taurus’s independence. 

Gemini: May 22 – June 2

Flower: Rose

Courtesy: Pixabay

We all seem to get a laugh from commenting that Geminis are ‘two-faced’ and no- that is not why a rose is their flower. Rather, where a Gemini is one of the most creatively driven signs, the rose is used for so many creative outlets. It stands as the symbol of love, which has been referred to in countless poems, books, soliloquies and arts throughout our history. The Gemini hopes and is driven through love and passion and the rose has always been used for sweet fun and love.

Cancer: June 22 – July 22

Flower: Delphinium 

Courtesy: Pixabay

The ever-sensitive Cancer is someone who feels with their heart, wearing it on their sleeve for all to see. Being highly empathetic is not a bad thing, rather, most signs wish that they could be as emotionally open (looking at you Scorpio). The delphiniums are symbols of want for new experiences or new connections and exude unending positivity. Where a cancer is emotional the delphinium is a feeling of lightness and allows for spirits that promote diving into your emotional psyche. 

Leo: July 23 – August 22

Flower: Sunflower

Courtesy: Pixabay

Yeah, yeah. I get it. Quite stereotypical to make the Sunflower the symbol of the Leo, but can you blame me? Sunflowers are a perfect match for everything that a Leo stands for. Large and in charge, big-hearted, warm and even loud at times, the Leo and sunflower are matched tit-for-tat. Enjoy the warm summer breeze as you dance among the open faces, Leo, you deserve it. 

Virgo: August 23 – September 23

Flower: Chrysanthemum

Courtesy: Pixabay

We all know a Virgo in our lives and Virgos themselves feel great pride in their abilities for control and meticulous personalities. There’s no harm in wanting each part of your life to fall into the perfect place that you planned it but Virgos are also the masters of figuring it out when others are lost. Virgos love to help and Chrysanthemums or rather Mums, are great symbols of friendship and symmetry. Could you imagine figuring out how to make so many moving parts work altogether?

Libra: September 24 – October 23​

Flower: Hydrangea 

Courtesy: Pixabay

Where a Libra is kind, the hydrangea matches in its own gentleness. Libras are born into times of peace and of reaping bountiful harvests, meaning they have a love for peacefulness, balance and are most happy in places full of friends. The hydrangea is a message of both gratitude and boastfulness, which places them nicely into the Libras ideas of power and love. 

Scorpio: October 24 – November 22

Flower: Peony

Courtesy: Flickr

We all know a Scorpio, known for being intense and passionate and rather secretive at times. That’s only because a Scorpio sees and feels everything in a deeply emotional state and rather than put that burden on others, they claim independence. The Scorpio is a sign who fights past any expectations so the bold, yet soft exterior of the peony is perfect for the sign. Coming from a little, tightly held bud, once you get a Scorpio to open up, they are exploding with love and loyalty.

Sagittarius: November 23 – December 21

Flower: Carnation

Courtesy: Pixabay

Sagittarius loves independence almost more than any other sign. They are open to new experiences and will find their own way of carving paths forged with ambition and optimism. Carnations symbolize a want for good luck and good fortune as well as a hunger for adventures. So grip your carnations tight Sag and find your way through the world unbridled.

Capricorn: December 22 – January 20

Flower: Pansy

Courtesy: Pixabay

Maybe you’re thinking it’s a little odd that the pansy is the Capricorns symbol flower, maybe even a little upset? But why? Capricorn, please hear me out. The pansy does not hold the same meaning as its slang terms but rather stands for the indulgence of strength and love, as well as a deep understanding of faithfulness and luxury. It goes perfectly with the Capricorns want for stability and security within nature. 

Aquarius: January 21 – February 19

Flower: Orchid

Courtesy: Pixabay

Free-spirited and even eccentric at times, those under the sign of Aquarius yearn for honesty and surrounding love. Orchids are symbols of grace and exoticism on top of being ever faithful. Sadly, many orchids are not given their chance to shine, given as Mother’s Day presents that seem to die quite soon. But give it a year and the Orchid will rise again, stronger and brighter than the year before, much like the Aquarius. 

Pisces: February 20 – March 20

Flower: Wisteria

Courtesy: Pixabay

A person born under the Pisces is gentle and well-rounded. A Pisces understands patience, even when it makes them frustrated. The wisteria is a symbol of long life and even at times- immortality. With a Pisces popular personality, they are hard to forget and they remain tender as the soft wisterias, reaching down to bring beauty and love.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Hello! My name is Cali Robins, I am studying English with a focus on Literature and its connections with culture and our current media, at Florida State University with a minor in Anthropology. My goal at HerCampus FSU is to provide readers with an unbiased reading of the news and to highlight some of my own interests in hopes that my readers will get a taste of my authentic voice.
Her Campus at Florida State University.