Whether it’s sitting down with a good book, grabbing a bite to eat with our bestfriends or pampering ourselves, us Collegiettes at Her Campus FSU are always looking for ways to unwind. So we figured, what better time to do so than Spring Break?! Here we’ve compiled the ultimate Spring Break Survival Kit, highlighting the top 7 essentials that will make your time off even more fabulous! Too busy vacationing to try out our picks? Don’t worry—we’ll be raffling off the featured products when we come back (did someone say free Chipotle BOGO coupons?!) that are not only perfect for Spring Break, but throughout the school year as well! 

SABRE campus pepper gel + SABRE personal alarm 

Facebook: facebook.com/sabreredpepperspray

Twitter: @SabreRed #SafeIsSmart

Instagram: @Sabresafety

Due to the recent rash of crimes against women occurring across campus, Tallahassee women are feeling more on edge than ever about their personal safety. As a result, the SABRE key case pepper spray with quick-release ring, one of the leading tools of self-defense, has been making its way into many ladies’ purses and pockets. Not only is the pepper solution maximum heat and contains UV marking dye for identification, but it’s also the number one brand trusted by police worldwide. With its quick release key ring, this pepper spray is easily accessible and ready to use on-the-fly, shooting up to 25 bursts from up to 10 feet away. In order to facilitate use of the product, SABRE has also improved the handgrip on its pepper spray products to fit the hand more comfortably. When I practiced spraying this product on a target, I found it extremely accurate and easy to use. –Cassi Mihokovich

Chipotle | BOGO Burrito Card 

Facebook: facebook.com/chipotle

Twitter: @ChipotleTweets

Instagram: @chipotlemexicangrill

So you’ve been sticking to veggies to try and get that Spring Break body and you barely got any sleep from all those midterms you took. Why don’t you finally relax and celebrate Spring Break by treating yourself AND someone else to a Chipotle date? Trust us, no one will say no to this! Surprise your favorite person with this magical coupon, and we guarantee you will make their day just as much as yours will be made.

Chipotle’s grab-and-go style is essential for your fun-packed Spring Break schedule when you’re craving something delicious and instantly gratifying! There’s always time for some Chipotle! Besides the fact that it’s happiness in a bowl (or burrito), Chipotle prides itself in cooking Food With Integrity using organic ingredients, naturally raised meats and wonderful service. They care what you put into your body. “Food with Integrity is a journey that started more than a decade ago and one that will never end.” If that doesn’t scream customer appreciation, we don’t know what does! –Amanda Rodriguez

Completely Bare | Beauty To Go Sample Wax Pack: Includes face wax strips and bikini wax strips

Facebook: facebook.com/completelybareproduct

Twitter: @CBareProducts #completelybare

Instagram: @completelybareproducts

With Spring Break upon us, many of us are spending hours laboring in the bathroom to maintain our hairless glow. Luckily for you, Collegiettes, with Completely Bare Hair Removal you can say goodbye to worrying about constant upkeep of your pesky hairs! Founded in New York City in 1998, this well-established company is the #1 destination for hair removal. They offer a myriad of at-home waxing kits for all parts of your body. The Completely Bare Beauty To Go Sample Wax Pack, which includes face wax strips and bikini wax strips, is the perfect hair removal solution for waxers of all skill levels. It’s ideal for on-the-go touchups or whenever you don’t have time in your busy schedule to go to the salon. Simply warm the waxing strips in your hands and apply them to any unwanted hair – “No Heat, No Fuss, No Mess!” You can buy Completely Bare waxing strips and their other hair removal products at CVS, ULTA, Target and more. –Marisa Anderson

Dirty Rush by Taylor Bell

Facebook: Facebook.com/Gallerybooks

Twitter, Instagram: @GalleryBooks

Spring Break is not complete without the perfect beach read. Dirty Rush is a sorority life expose’ inspired by author Taylor Bell’s freshman year at Central Delaware University. Despite her family’s multi-generational membership in Beta Zeta, Taylor is completely against Greek life. However, after meeting some of the BZ sisters (who eventually become some of her best friends), Taylor decides that sorority life may be for her after all. Little does she know, Taylor’s experience in BZ will soon turn into a whirlwind of parties, rumors and yes… a sex scandal. The foreword by Rebecca Martison, whose brutally honest and expletive-filled email to her Delta Gamma sisters went viral last year, says, “This book f–king tells it like it f–king is.” Ultimately, Taylor learns that when it comes to sorority life, from the outside looking in, you can never understand it. From the inside looking out, you can never explain it. –Jazmyn Reed

Rushing here at FSU may not be as dramatic as Taylor’s experience, but her insight can definitely teach us a few things:

1) Don’t judge a book by its cover! Taylor refused to go Greek because she pre-judged sorority life, but ultimately found her place at college because of it. 

2) Embrace you who are! Everyone makes mistakes and Taylor, unapologetically, owns up to hers and who she is.   

3) Have fun! There are plenty of things to enjoy outside the classroom. Whether that’s a night out or a night in binge-watching TV—do you! 

You can read the first few chapters of Dirty Rush on the Simon and Schuster website and find out more information about rush here at FSU. 

Not Your Mother’s Hair Care | Clean Freak Purifying Shampoo, Clean Freak Purifying Conditioner

Facebook: facebook.com/nymbrands

Twitter, Instagram: @nymbrands

The weeks leading up to Spring Break are filled with too many midterms, hour-long lectures, and the unimaginable pressure of choosing which bikinis to bring on your ultimate beach house getaway. These stressors leave Collegiettes just about ready to pull their hair out. The Clean Freak Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner can help repair your damaged hair by leaving it touchably smooth, moisturized and shiny. As if that wasn’t enough, it’s infused with mint and raspberry extracts to keep you smelling fresh all day long. Their formula includes quinoa proteins that help protect your hair and keep it moisturized. Did I mention the line is eco-friendly and free of any sulfates, parabens or dyes? Talk about rejuvenating. Don’t worry gals, the line is meant for all hair types so we can all get our Clean Freak on! –Taylor Zollo

The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn

Facebook: The Intern’s Handbook

Twitter: @ShaneSKuhn; #internship; #internshandbook

Meet John Lago: part intern, part hired assassin. On the surface, John spends most of his hours at a distinguished New York law firm performing the basic duties of an intern. However, getting coffee and printing handouts aren’t John’s only expertise: killing is. In fact, John’s internship isn’t so he can land a high-profile career as a lawyer. Rather, it’s to give him an opportunity to take down a crooked co-partner in the law firm. Things become a little complicated, though, when John meets Alice – an FBI agent hired with the same obligation.

If you’re looking for an action-packed thriller with dark humor, this is a must-read for your Spring Break. This novel provides all the entertainment Florida State students will need for the upcoming days spent lazing away at the beach or near the pool. Not only will you be constantly turning the pages, but it might even have you thinking about possible internships in the future! Although I’m pretty sure your internship would be a bit different from John’s, the novel can give you partial insight into what an internship has to offer. Collegiettes looking for ways to be proactive in their search for the perfect internship can read this article: A Collegiette’s Guide to the Career Center & Landing an Internship. –Kelsey King

Luna Mini Bars

Facebook: Luna

Twitter, Instagram: @Lunabar

Luna Bars are gluten-free snack bars that will help you satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping your body looking and feeling great in your new bikini. These delicious bars contain four key nutrients that are essential for all women: iron, calcium, vitamin D and folic acid. All of these nutrients help regulate blood pressure, promote teeth and bone health and foster the development of necessary proteins (without sacrificing taste).

Whether you are tanning on the beach, hiking in the mountains or simply staying at home, these Luna Mini Bars are sure to keep you going throughout the day. They come in flavors of Lemon Zest, Chocolate Dipped Coconut and Chocolate Peppermint Stick. Did we mention Luna also makes protein bars?! Each bar is jam-packed with 12 grams of protein AND under 200 calories. Some bars are coated in silky chocolate while others combine salty and sweet—comprising the perfect snack that keeps your body and your tummy happy. Pick up a box of Luna Bars before you hit the beach this break! –Kasey Lynch

Student at Florida State. Lover of fashion and everything sarcastic. Aspiring magazine editor.
Hello all! My name is Kasey and I am currently an English and Media Communications double major here at Florida State. I have been with Her Campus for over a year now and write for the sports column called "Two Girls and Some Sports." I love ESPN and everything outdoors. Traveling is also a very important aspect of my life! I am infamous for binge watching Netflix, making cookies and playing volleyball any chance I get.
Cassi is a junior at Florida State University. As an Environmental Studies major, Cassi likes outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, and going to parks. She is part of a community Service Fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, which has brought her to some very unique and exciting experiences around Tallahassee. From washing dogs to preparing food for the elderly, Cassi loves to help the community out any way that she can. In her free time, Cassi likes to paint, read, take bubble baths, wreck her boyfriend at chess, beat the high score to Mrs. Pac Man at Voodoo Dog, play with her hamsters, or attend concerts. As always, this Seminole bleeds Garnet and Gold! 
Marisa is a junior at Florida State University. She is majoring in Editing, Writing and Media with a minor in Entrepreneurship. She aspires to work as a journalist for a magazine when she graduates. She is very excited to not only be a staff writer, but also a content editor for Her Campus FSU this year. 
Jazmyn is an enthusiast of books, thrifting, Netflix, and music. She is a Senior majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media and has a lot of #goals including to be Beyonce'.
Taylor is a sophomore at the Florida State University. She enjoys Thai food, sunshine and when guac doesn’t cost extra. If you can’t find her around campus she is most likely in bed watching Parks and Rec on repeat. She is on the eternal search for the indie bearded Chuck Bass & is currently accepting applications. She has (finally) chosen to pursue a degree in Editing, Writing, and Media!!
Editor-in-Chief, Her Campus FSU // Follow me @rachelepstein_