No matter what life throws at you, there is always a way to bounce back. Despite the challenges that may arise, you can overcome them. You are your greatest investment, so take the time to find ways to continuously enhance and improve yourself. Here are five things that you could do to help you get your life together. 

Courtesy: Unsplash

1. Pray

If you like to pray, pray when things are bad and when they are good. Pray when you’re confused and when you have it all figured out. Pray a lot. When you start praying over your problems and letting God/ the Universe handle things, many circumstances are easier to deal with. Of course, your life may not become lollipops and gumdrops, but it will get better. Praying is a great spiritual release and it can help you better understand yourself as well. 

2. Practice saying no 

Learn how to say “no.” We often forget to take care of ourselves because we have the tendency to overextend ourselves to others despite what we want and need. Saying no proudly and confidently is an important part of making yourself a priority. Although it may seem like you’re hurting some feelings, you have to be more cognizant of your own feelings and what matters to you. Saying no helps you avoid compromising situations and it creates more time for you to engage in things that you actually enjoy. 

3. Evaluate yourself 

If there are certain recurring issues that keep happening in your life, stop blaming other people because you might be the problem. When your life is in shambles, it’s easier to blame others than to analyze your own shortcomings. Try to look at all situations from a different perspective and spend some time unpacking and analyzing characteristics within yourself that might be causing these consistent problems. If you take the time to understand the patterns that you keep seeing in your life, you’ll notice that you might be the person in the wrong and that you need to change. 

4. Spend time alone 

Create some time out of your day to be alone without any outside distractions. Spend that time reading, praying, meditating, listening to music, watching movies, etc. You learn a lot about yourself when you are your only focal point. When you can comfortably be alone without feeling lonely, you’re on the right track.  That time alone will allow you to discover different aspects of yourself. 

5. Write or Journal 

Writing things or journaling allows you to have a more tangible idea of what you want, and it helps you create ways to get there. Write down your goals, write down what you want in a relationship, write down what you love about yourself, etc. It can also be used as an outlet to help you clear your thoughts. Try writing down one thing that you love about your life every day, for two weeks. At the end of those two weeks, you’ll look back and realize that there are 14 different things that make your life worthwhile. You’ll have 14 different reasons to get it together and keep moving forward.   

My name is Nedgie Paul and I am senior at Florida State University. I enjoy Pasta and expressing myself creatively through writing. I am a Commercial Entrepreneurship major with hopes of owning multiple companies in the future.
Her Campus at Florida State University.