If you’ve been searching for a YouTuber that is creative, talented and gives great tips on how to save and slay, search no longer because Zenita is who you’ve been waiting for! Zenita is bright, witty, intelligent and overall gorgeous – everything you could ever want in a beauty guru! She is a student at FSU who has a passion for beauty and self-care, creating her own content such as hair and makeup tutorials. Her desire to help others find beauty in their own skin without having to break the bank served as her inspiration to start her channel.

Zenita vividly remembers her first real experience doing her own hair, which sparked her passion for beauty care. “In high school, my aunt had to do my hair, and one day she couldn’t do it, so I decided to do it myself. It actually looked good. I started to do my own hair, and people would ask me to do their hair,” she recounts. This motivated Zenita to focus on other areas of self-care. Acne-prone, she realized that “Proactive is not for everyone,” and became more conscious of her diet, frequently changing her pillowcase and overall implementing a healthy lifestyle. Zenita learned a lot about self-care through YouTube, and from there was able to help others around her.

As a black woman, Zenita’s channel is mostly catered to black women and other people of color, as she feels representation in the beauty world is important; this also serves as one of the reasons why she started her channel. She explains, “A lot of people in the beauty world have lighter skin and loose hair. I think it’s necessary to show people it’s not about your skin tone or where you’re from, it’s knowing how your hair and body work, using things flattering to you and being confident in yourself. Don’t hold yourself to someone else’s standards. I felt my best when I let that idea go, that I had to be like someone else. Even if you don’t have the same smile or body type, you should still feel beautiful.”

When it comes to makeup, Zenita loves to create new looks and put her artistic abilities to use. “I’m an artist in all aspects, and makeup allows me to use my body as a canvas. I like testing my skills and creating visuals that I can’t do on paper,” she says. Her favorite product to use is highlighter, and she feels that all makeup gives her the empowerment to showcase her abilities and make herself feel pretty. She plans on achieving many goals this year, starting with producing better quality videos, uploading more and putting out content that may be uncomfortable for herself. “There are things that need to be done that I typically wouldn’t have the confidence to do with people I don’t know. I want to put myself out there more without fear of other’s comments and test myself. I have a lot more creative juices that I don’t tap into as much because I’m afraid it won’t look good or that I haven’t been in the game long enough to do those things. I want to push myself because the greatest artists didn’t limit themselves to what they thought they should do. I can do it, so why shouldn’t I?”

For people who are thinking of starting up their own YouTube channel, Zenita wants you to know that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to make videos. Content counts over quality of materials. Having a professional camera is not necessary and there are plenty of resources available to you to get materials for cheap. Amazon is your best friend, as you can easily find tripods and tech for low cost if you’re on a budget. She also knows that many are going to feel like they have to compare themselves to those that have been doing this for a long time, even though that’s the worst thing to do. “You’re starting out fresh, you don’t have to be on their level. Don’t compare where you’re starting out to where they’re at. It’ll kill your creative vibes and make you less motivated to do what you want.”

Courtesy: Zenita

In the future, Zenita hopes that her channel will help her to create a name for herself. She hopes to be recognized by companies as an innovator by showing them that she is beyond capable of creating content and editing. Zenita is focused on figuring out who she wants to be, and YouTube allows her to put herself out there for everyone to see. She dreams of having her own brand and believes that her presence, name and work will stand for something.

You can find Zenita at the following:

YouTube: TruleyTalentedTv

Instagram: @truleytalentedbeauty

Katarina is a senior at Florida State University studying Creative Writing with a double minor in Education and Communications. You can find her at your local library reading a good book or writing for her blog https://katarinamartinez13.wixsite.com/kmartinezreads As an aspiring novelist and content writer, she is always looking to spread love and joy everywhere she goes.
Her Campus at Florida State University.