Four Instagram Accounts You Should Follow To Make Your Feed a Better Place

Raise your hand if you spend an embarrassing amount of time on Instagram. Now, raise your hand if you don’t even check your screen time notifications anymore because you know the numbers are going to be incredibly high. Me too! 

We all know that social media has taken over our lives and our minds! It’s important that we not only monitor how much time we spend on social networks but also monitor who and what we see when we’re scrolling endlessly. It’s time we stop following accounts that make us anxious, feed our insecurities and serve us no purpose. Instead, let’s make our feeds and timelines a better place! To help you with this task, I have four social media accounts that you should follow so you can make the most out of the time you spend staring at your screen.

Instagram
energepic

1. @impact

Now, this account is for anyone who wants to stay informed but also entertained on social justice issues. They take important, current events, wrap them up in humor and a little sarcasm and present it to their followers. It’s perfect for all the late Millennials, Gen-Z who can’t digest information without the use of memes, comics, videos, and everything else in between.

2. @soyouwanttotalkabout

Another account that tackles politics and social justice issues but in clever, interesting (and cute!) ways. They cover an array of different and interesting topics, from the election to self-care to mental health! This account is for those who want to use their screen time to be informed about things that they know little or nothing about. 

3. @wetheurban

This account is my absolute fave! Not only is it a black-owned account, but it’s also about mental health and inclusivity! They post beautiful affirmations every day to help and it’s always exactly what you need to hear. Every post is something like “Nine Reasons You Should Keep Going” or “Things You Might Need To Hear Today.” I encourage everyone to follow this account for all the advice you never knew you needed. 

4. @quotesbychristie

Bright, fun, and super cute! All words that I would use to describe this account! The owner makes the most beautiful posts in different colors and font styles. However, the most beautiful part is her words. All of her posts have such encouraging and inspiring quotes that are perfect for those who want their feed to be a happy place!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTok and Pinterest!

Hi! I'm a Junior at Florida State University, and I spend most of my time on Instagram and Twitter! I love creating content and binge-watching my favorite shows. I love Jesus, I'm kinda big on politics, and Olivia Pope is my spirit animal!
Her Campus at Florida State University.