As women, we possess so many amazing qualities that give us the power to be the perfect balance of grace and grit, love and discipline, and strength and vulnerability. We exude elegance and courage while also having an unparalleled drive to accomplish our goals. Unfortunately, there seem to be more obstacles and trials stacked against us. Often times, we have to take three steps forward to equate our progress and achievements to that of a man, and this can be daunting. When times get hard and we struggle to stay motived to keep working at developing ourselves and our goals, it’s important to have remedies and solid actions you take in order to bring yourself out of the rut and back into a positive mind frame. Many of us have our own methods and practices that we abide by that usually includes reading self-help books. With the plethora of options out there to choose from, it can be quite overwhelming to figure out what book is right for you. Fortunately, I’ve crafted a list of my favorite books that will help motivate you to get back on track.

1. #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso

Courtesy: Miami Shoot Magazine

Founder of Nasty Gal, entrepreneur, official badass and true #GirlBoss, Sophia Amoruso’s book will not only leave you feeling energized and ready to tackle anything, but it will also inspire you to practice self-love and appreciation. If you’re struggling to develop discipline in your life and work on your craft, this book shows you that nothing good comes easy. It reminds you that accomplishing your dreams takes hard work and that your vision has to be solid in order for you to manifest those dreams. Sophia stresses that your passions are worth all of the tough work and obstacles that you will encounter. Your voice matter, and you should do what you can each day to succeed in your ambitions. I recommend this book for any #GirlBoss looking to find the motivation to get back to working hard on their goals.

2. You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero

Courtesy: Katarina Martinez

Jen’s book is a must-have for when you’re feeling low about your self-worth. Rather than wallowing in self-pity and focusing on all the negativity in your life, Jen encourages readers to utilize the law of attraction to manifest positivity. Actively thinking about your goals and desires will help guide you to act in a way that will bring them to reality. Jen preaches that practicing self-care, gratitude, discipline and a good work ethic will help you to go after your dreams and handling obstacles in a graceful way so that you can learn from them. I’ve personally read this book 3 times and it has provided me with great relief and a nice reminder that I am a badass.

3. The Confidence Code by Katty Kay and Claire Shipman

Courtesy: Barnes & Noble

So often as women, we have so many important things to say but lack the confidence to speak up. The suppression we face can be intimidating and silencing, but this book will remind you of just how important it is to use your voice and believe in yourself. An unparalleled power and satisfaction come with living a confident life. Katty’s and Claire’s message really inspires you to work on your spirit and recognize your self-worth. You are capable of living an extraordinary life so long as you have the confidence and the courage to go after what you want, and that’s exactly what The Confidence Code encourages you to do.

4. Sacred Powers by Davidji

Courtesy: Barnes & Noble

If you feel that you’ve lost direction in your life and seem to be aimlessly shifting from one thing to another, then this book is for you. When we are presented with crossroads in our life, it can be difficult to decipher which path is best for us to take. This book will give you five steps to ground yourself, gain clarity, make life-affirming decisions, step into your power, own your impact and soar. Davidji’s book teaches us that even if it feels that we’ve strayed so far away from the path that we had envisioned, we are never stuck. We always possess the powers we need to find a new direction that will lead us back to wholeness and fulfillment.

5. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert

Courtesy: Barnes & Noble

This is a must-read for anyone hoping to live a creative life. It can be easy to get caught up in all the details in our lives that can leave us frustrated and drained. We want to be able to have complete control over our lives, so when things don’t go our way, we get stressed out. In this book, Elizabeth asks us to embrace our curiosity and all that life brings and let go of needless suffering. She discusses the attitudes, approaches and habits we need in order to live our most creative lives. It is important for us to be mindful and passionate in order to live fulfilling lives. Elizabeth encourages us to find happiness and lessons in all that we do so that we can live as authentically and joyously as possible.

No matter what you’re looking for, remember that you have all the power and abilities you need in order to live a wondrous and fulfilling life. You are strong, bright, loving and insanely awesome. Go out and conquer your world.

Katarina is a senior at Florida State University studying Creative Writing with a double minor in Education and Communications. You can find her at your local library reading a good book or writing for her blog https://katarinamartinez13.wixsite.com/kmartinezreads As an aspiring novelist and content writer, she is always looking to spread love and joy everywhere she goes.
Her Campus at Florida State University.