Feeling Sporty? Here are the Top 10 Fitness-Inspired Costumes

Welcome to your one-stop shop regarding everything health and fitness. Weekly to bi-weekly, “Training with Tara” will support our readers’ needs of fitness inspiration, workout guides, healthy meals and more. So, don’t be afraid to send in requests for next week’s column; we’ll be glad to accommodate.

Talloweek is upon us and it deserves a better costume than a basic black cat and a Harley Quin cosplay.  For the girl who loves Halloween almost as much as she loves her gains, these 10 costumes will be your perfect fit – plus a fairly easy find in your closet.

Ballerina

Courtesy: Halloweencostumes.com

What they do might look easy but it’s actually one of the hardest things to do. So even though they appear sweet you know that a ballerina is a lot tougher than she looks.

Olympic Women’s Soccer Team

Courtesy: Twitter@alexmorgan13

Time to look for some jerseys and represent the number one women’s sports teams. Not only winning 3 World Cup titles but also 4 Olympic golds, you better add a metal to your costume to make it as authentic as possible. 

Cheerleader

Courtesy: pinimg

Give me an S-C-R-E-A-M! Halloween is definitely something to cheer about so put on a pleated skirt and grab some pom poms to celebrate being a Florida State Nole.

Workout Barbie

Courtesy: TFM

Who wants to be a regular Barbie for Halloween when you can be workout Barbie instead! So, grab that unitard and some leg warmers and make it a Barbie world.

Richard Simmons

Courtesy: PopSugar

Have a little fun and dress as this aerobic exercise staple.

Color Runner

Courtesy: Tumblr

A shout out to the best run ever, re-celebrate that day by dressing in some colors and running gear.

Baywatch

Courtesy: Business Loans Info

It might be Fall, but you’ll be rocking that summer body in a classic one-piece and red shorts from the iconic Hollywood movie.

Serena Williams

Courtesy: Zimbio

Who doesn’t want to pretend that they’re the best female athlete in the world just for one night? Putting together an all-white ensemble, pair your outfit with a tennis racket to make people believe you just came from winning Wimbledon.

Boxer

Courtesy: pinimg

Prepare yourself cause you’re about to be a knockout! Adding in a cosmetic black eye for a next level look, you’ll be making people wonder how the other person came out of the fight.

Sporty Spice

Courtesy: Sunglasswarehouse

An athlete in her own right, Sporty Spice was years ahead of the athleisure trend. So, turn Halloween into a throwback and enjoy the era of the Spice Girls once again.

Tara Lawson-Corley is a Florida State University graduate. She majored in Retail Merchandising & Product Development with the goal of someday working for a fitness driven retail company. Hopefully later on she will be able to own her own successful fitness boutique or at least that's the dream. Tara enjoys the occasional Netflix binge, reading numerous fashion magazines, and finding new and exciting ways to workout.
Her Campus at Florida State University.