Eye Gotta Have It! Make Your Eyes Pop

Your eyes are one of the most distinct features of your face, however, they can sometimes be hard to notice. Try the products below all at once, or wear each of them one at a time to see what a difference they make in enhancing your natural eye color and shape. With the help of these tools, anyone can achieve big, bold, and bright-looking eyes!

Brighten the Bags

Say goodbye to baggy under eyes, and hello to a brightening under eye concealer! The Marc Jacobs Beauty Remedy Concealer Pen is the best on the market. Although pricey, it erases, brightens, and corrects for the flawlessness you’ve been craving. Draw a “U” or “V” shape under your eye and blend. The amount of light added to your face is unreal– the purple and puffiness is gone, and it appears as if you’ve had a twelve-hour sleep sesh and were not super drunk the night before.

Fill in the Brows

Believe it or not, your eyebrows are actually the most defining feature of your face. Since not everyone has perfectly-filled brows, take a pencil that is most near your color and fill in any sparse areas where you see skin coming through. You’ll instantly notice what a difference it makes, and will practically fall in love with your own eyes. Find a pencil with a spool brush on the end, like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil, and comb the hairs to your desired shape so they will stay in place.

Get Big with Benefit Cosmetics

The Benefit Cosmetics Big Beautiful Eyeshadow Contouring Kit was specifically designed for anyone to get naturally bigger eyes. The kit includes three eyeshadows, two eye brushes, a concealer, and step-by-step instructions on how to apply it all. Use the lightest eyeshadow shade all over the lid, the middle shade in the crease, and the darkest shade to define as eyeliner. The key to bigger eyes is to use the darkest shade by finding the natural hollow of where your brow bone meets your eye and outlining this outer V shape. This kit is also great for anyone who is new to eye makeup.

The Magic of Mint

Although it can seem a bit intimidating, colored eyeliner is an amazing tool to accentuate your eye shape and color. The Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Mint Julep is brand new, and just in time for spring and summer. This color is almost synonymous with bright minty toothpaste. A great trick for applying such an intimidating color is to first draw a thin line of a soft color, ideally a brown shade, on the lash line. Then, draw a thin line of the mint shade and you’ll see just how much your eyes will pop. You can also try applying the mint eyeliner to the inner corner of your eyes for a bright and fresh look.

Lift and Lengthen the Lashes

Don’t forget about mascara! The best mascara I’ve ever tried (and I’ve tried a lot) is the Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Mascara. The reason why it’s so good is not only because of the amazing formula, but the design of the brush is really what we can accredit to. The spikes extend to the end of the brush and on the very tip is a spike ball that allows you to lift the lashes that are closest to your nose (without smudging) and the lashes on the opposite end of your eye. The result will appear as if you were wearing fake lashes.

Highlighting Heaven

These Milani Brow and Eye Highlighters are just what you need to finish off your makeup look. Highlight under your brows for additional light to your eyes and boldness to your brows. You can also apply the product to the inner corners of your eyes for even more shine. The best part is that they’re dual ended, one side with a more matte shade and the other with a more shimmery shade, so you can decide if you’re going for a soft or intense look. 

Alexa is in her junior year here at FSU as an Editing, Writing, and Media major with a Communications minor. She found solace in writing as a form of self-expression and aspires to pursue a career involving media in a journalistic setting. She takes pride in her studies and works hard for her grades. When she has free time, you’ll find her hoarding makeup and handbags, online shopping, on YouTube, or listening to Adam Levine’s angelic voice. She has a fascination with Ernest Hemingway, and hopes to read all of his work someday. She is excited to be working on Her Campus this year as a staff writer, as well as run the Her Campus Facebook page. Come like HC FSU on Facebook to get quick updates on articles that get published to the site.You can also find her on twitter @alexa_please and on Instagram @alexaplease! =)
Her Campus at Florida State University.