Everything Happening in Tallahassee This Month

Spring has sprung, and we couldn’t be more excited. They say that April showers bring May flowers and if that means bringing on that summer heat, I think it’s safe to say that we’re all ready for it. Say goodbye to the cold weather that seemed to stick around longer than we wanted it to and say hello to warmer weather and perfect pool days. April may have just started, but we’ve already had a lineup of amazing events around the Tallahassee community. From National Beer Day at Lake Tribe and Township to the 50th Springtime Tallahassee Festival: Jubilee in the Park and the first ever Tallahassee Coffee Festival, April has treated us pretty well so far and it’s only going to get better. So, mark your calendars because this month has got a little bit of something for everyone. Trust us – this is no April Fool’s joke.

April 10: Jersey Shore Trivia: Yeaaaaaaah Buddy

Here’s the situation: Jerzdays are back and it’s no surprise Madison Social would be honoring one of the most memorable reality TV shows with a trivia night. With three rounds of questions all about the cast and a Ron Ron Juice cocktail in the works, fans of the show definitely won’t want to miss this trivia night. So, get your Jerzday squad together, make your reservation soon, and brush up on your Jersey Shore references because if one of your team members isn’t a true fan, just know that she’s too young for you bro.

Courtesy: Facebook 

April 11: TechYES ft. Lee K

Ah, a personal favorite – TechYES is back this Wednesday with Lee K. San Diego native, real name Lee Krysinski, is making quite the name for herself in the techno scene. With support from local DJ’s like Holly Woods, Erik Halv, Evaluation and Jilly FKA Avrakill, TechYES at Standard is an event you don’t want to miss. Check out her Sound Cloud to hear her latest mixes and make sure to buy your tickets here before they sell out!

Courtesy: Facebook

​​April 13: Lil Uzi Vert and Young Thug

Solange might have flaked on us, but Lil Uzi won’t. Probably the most highly anticipated concert of this year coming to Tally, Lil Uzi and Young Thug will be making a special appearance at the Civic Center this Friday. Be sure to cop a ticket here before they sell out!

Courtesy: Tucker Civic Center

April 14: FSU Spring Game and Concert

What better way to get hyped for football season than the Spring Game? Come out and support your Noles Saturday, April 14 at 6:00 p.m. and enjoy a postgame concert featuring Salt-N-Pepa, Vanilla Ice, and Rob Base. Tickets go for $10 and can be bought here! Looking for tailgating options? Pots has got you. With doors opening at noon, stop by Pots before the big game for happy hour drink specials.

April 19: GoldLink & Maségo – At What Cost Tour

The American rapper is climbing his way up the charts and making his way to Pots! GoldLink, real name DeAnthony Carlos, is probably best known for his lead single, “Crew,” which peaked at number 45 on the US Billboard Hot 100 Chart and his remix of Diplo’s Get It Right featuring MØ. You can get tickets to the show here and listen to his debut album, At What Cost, here.

April 20: Saba

A Chi-town native, Saba is a rapper and producer inspired by artists like Lupe Fiasco and Kanye West. If you’re a big Chance the Rapper fan, the name should sound familiar since Saba was featured on the rapper’s hit single, “Angels.” The best part? The show will be at Club Downunder, so it’s completely free for FSU students! We’re sure Saba will have the city of Tally doing front flips at this show.

Courtesy: Her Campus  

April 20: Relay for Life of FSU 2018

Ranked the #3 Collegiate Relay for Life Event in the nation, Relay for Life of Florida State University is back. Being the signature fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, the event brings together hundreds from various communities to remember loved ones, honor survivors, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society. Be sure to join Relay for Life of FSU April 20 at the FSU Main IM Fields for a night full of games, entertainment, music, prizes, and more!

April 26: Getter at Bajas

Headbangers and bass lovers of Tallahassee get ready because the wubz are coming to you real soon. You may know him as the “SUH Dude” guy, but Getter, real name Tanner Petulla, is so much more than that. A well-known DJ in the dubstep world, Getter is also a producer, rapper, and comedian and has worked with big-name artists in the bass world such as Skrillex, Datsik, and Borgore. Get your tickets here before this show sells out!

Courtesy: Facebook 

April 28: The Taco & Margarita Crawl: It’s Called Balance

This event is all about a well-balanced diet, even if that means to have a taco in one hand and a margarita in another. Saturday, April 28, Madison Social will be partnering up with Township and Tin Lizzy’s to bring us the food event we’ve always wanted. Tickets for the Taco & Marg Crawl are available here and include a specialty taco and margarita at each of the participating locations as well as an “It’s Called Balanced” t-shirt. Be sure to purchase your ticket before April 23 at noon to make sure that you get a shirt!

Her Campus at Florida State University.