Upcoming Concerts at Club Downunder You Don’t Want To Miss

With the infamous Club Downunder being torn down soon as construction of the new student union begins, it’s a good idea to celebrate one last event going on before the building gets torn down. Club Downunder hosts a variety of events ranging from concerts to comedians to fun, themed events during the day. Here are some notable events going on in the music scene that you don’t wanna miss!

Larkin Poe, April 8

Comprised of a sister duo, these ladies are actually descendants of Edgar Allen Poe himself! Their music is a mix of a few styles and can be described as roots rock n’ roll with some southern influence. They are described as gritty and soulful, hailing from Nashville, TN. 

Courtesy: Inspirer

Listen to their song “Preachin’ Blues” here.

Curtis Harding, April 9

Yes, some more soul! Known as the “soul man” himself, Curtis Harding’s music consists of many genres blended together. His music is a mash of blues, rock, psychedelia and gospel. This will be a good show!

Courtesy: HUH

Listen to “Need Your Love” here.

San E & Mad Clown, April 11

If you love K-Pop, then this is the concert for you! These two famous Korean rappers are doing their first U.S. tour, and yes, Tallahassee is on the list! Don’t miss out on this amazing show.

Courtesy: Ticket Fly

Listen to “Butterfly” here.

Saba, April 20

Rapper and producer hailing from Chicago and working with big names like Chance the Rapper, Saba is coming here to Tally. Inspired by artists like Lupe Fiasco and Kanye West, this should be a poppin’ show!

Courtesy: Consequence of Sound

Listen to “LIFE” here.

Lapalux, April 22

If you like electronic music and synthesizers, Lapalux is someone you should go see! Similar to artists such as Flying Lotus, his music is experimental and not something you can experience often. Step out of your comfort zone and experience a night of wonky beats!

Courtesy: XLR8R

Listen to “Without You” here.

Chastity Belt, April 23

This indie rock-pop band consists of all women! With three studio albums already out, there is so much to listen to before to get ready for the show. With some humorous songs discussing feminism and gender norms to some more serious tunes, this should be an exhilarating show. 

Courtesy: Impose

Listen to “Different Now” here.

Red Baraat, April 27

This eight-person band consists of jazz, hip-hop and rock! Founded by Sunny Jain, a double-headed drum player, this band has played at several festivals and is considered the ultimate party band by NPR. After listening to a few of their songs, you’ll be bobbing your head for sure. 

Courtesy: Bandcamp

Listen to “Shruggy Ji” here.

Be sure to check out these concerts and enjoy the last weeks of the venue being alive until the re-installment set for 2020. You could find your next favorite band, and even if you don’t, you’ll still experience an interesting night full of new music. 

Media/Communication studies major with a passion for music, makeup and puppies!
Her Campus at Florida State University.