Halloween is right around the corner and its time to start prepping for your costume. Being on a college budget makes buying costumes almost out of the question. Instead, here are a few ideas for couples, groups, and even solo costumes to make you look creative while keeping the costs low!

1. M&M Costume

Courtesy: Custom Ink

This costume idea is super easy and can accommodate any number of friends. It can be done in so many different ways, too! Simply take a shirt of any color you want, cut out a giant M to make a stencil, put it on the shirt and paint! You can even add colorful socks or make it out of a dress instead of a shirt! 

2. The Classic Minnie and Mickey Mouse Couples Costume

This is one of the easiest couples costumes out there because it can be made with a bunch of stuff you have lying around already! For the Minnie costume, simply wear any type of black shirt with a red skirt and tape on white polka dots made from paper. For the mickey costume, any black shirt and red shorts will work with two white polka dots taped to the front. Finish off the look with gloves and a bowtie to tie it all together! The only thing you might have to go out and buy for this costume is the ears!

3. Three Blind Mice

Definitely one of the easiest and cheapest costumes of all is the three blind mouse costume. All you need is 2 friends, sunglasses, all black, a long stick, and mouse ears! You may even have all of these things lying around your house. 

4. Beanie babies – group or solo costume!

Courtesy: Keeping It Classy, Finding Prince Charming

This costume is great because it can be done solo or in a group! All you need is any type of animal ears! Using a giant piece of paper, paint it red, cutout a heart, paint “ty” in white, and pin it to your outfit. This is such an easy costume that can even get more creative using clothing pieces that resemble the animals and adding face makeup.

5. Simple Pineapple Costume

Courtesy: Studio DIY

By far one of the most creative and easiest costumes of them all is this pineapple costume! All you need is a yellow dress, or yellow outfit, green paper, and a headband. To make the headpiece, cut out long pointy strips from the green piece of paper at different lengths, glue them together to resemble and pineapple stem, and glue that to a headband. It’s that easy and everyone will think you spent a lot of time on the costume!

6. Osceola and Renegade Costume!

In honor of Halloween being on an FSU game day, what better way to celebrate both by dressing up as Osceola and Renegade. This costume can be done by women and men, and may require a little more money and planning. For the Osceola costume, you can DIY the wardrobe to anything that you feel represents Osceola. Add in a traditional headpiece and make the spear out of a wooden stick and feathers and you have yourself an Osceola costume! Apply face paint to match the costume perfectly! For the Renegade costume, you can buy a horse mask from many different online retailers including amazon, check out this white one here and paint brown spots on it to make it resemble Renegade more! For the rest of the costume, wear all white and paint brown spots all over your body and you’re finished! You now have the perfect costume to cheer on the Seminoles while keeping the holiday spirit!

Sophomore computer science major at Florida State University that loves everything fashionable, yoga, food, art, and technology related. Originally from Boca Raton, Florida but currently residing in Tallahassee attending the best school in the nation!
Her Campus at Florida State University.