Demi Rose: Campus Rec’s Personal Fashion Queen

Demi Rose has managed to do it all within her time her at FSU. From being a Student Director for Campus Recreation, to landing a killer internship with Nordstrom, to teaching Spin at the Leach, there are few parts of campus she hasn’t seen or been a part of. And as her last week at FSU approaches, Her Campus FSU wanted to find out the key to her success and how she stays balanced before she leaves for bigger and better things.

Name: Demi Rose

Major: Retail Merchandising and Product Development, Studio Art

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius

Favorite Job: Spin Instructor at the Leach

Her Campus (HC): Can you give the readers a quick description of your major?

Demi Rose (DR): As a RMPD major I study different fields within the fashion industry. This includes store level management, buying and merchandising, and the apparel life cycle. As an art major I study different techniques within fine arts and continue to develop my own work as an artist, which is collage and mixed media.

HC: How long have you worked for Campus Rec?

DR: Since Summer of 2011.

HC: Can you describe your Campus Rec experience for our readers?

DR: I began my Campus Rec career as a Customer Service Representative at the Leach Front Desk and progressed into supervising and leadership roles over the years. I have worked as a Student Director within Human Resources at the Fitness and Movement Clinic and Student Director of Leadership Development with Campus Rec Pro-Staff. I also work for Group Fitness at the Leach teaching spin classes.

HC: While also working at Campus Rec you have had multiple internships with Nordstrom, what has been the most interesting thing you have learned so far?

DR: I participated in the Nordstrom Store Management internship as well as their Corporate Buying/Planning internship this past summer. The most interesting thing I have learned was how many people it takes to get a product to the store floor; it takes way more than I thought. Getting experience within the supply chain of the industry was awesome.

HC: How have you been able to balance everything you’re involved in?

DR: Positive energy, my Kate Spade planner, and coffee. Lots of coffee.

HC: If there were one part of FSU you could take with you after you graduate, what would you take?

DR: The unconquered statue! It would look pretty legit in my front yard…

HC: For all prospective FSU students out there, can you give them any advice?

DR: Take initiative and take risks. You control your own life and your own future, but don’t forget to have a little fun. College doesn’t last forever so enjoy it!

Malory is an overachieving free spirit with a severe pasta addiction who is trying to change the world. Interest include human rights, coffee, and bad TV.Location: Underwater 
Her Campus at Florida State University.