david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Couples Costume Ideas You Have to Try This Year

Halloween is right in the middle of cuffing season. The air is starting to get crisp and it’s time to trap a significant other at least until the warmer months come around. What better way to announce to the world that you have snagged a special someone than a couple’s costume for this spooky night? Here are a few costume ideas for all the couples out there.

1. The sexy costume

Image Courtesy: Stay Glam

Let’s get it out of the way now. Since this is a journal for college-aged men and women I know ya’ll dress up like this. Even if you don’t dress up like this now I know you did freshmen year. There’s nothing wrong with showing a little skin on the one night where you get to be someone else. So, if you two choose the scandalous route then don’t let anyone get you down.

2. The Purge

Image Courtesy: LoadedNightclub

The couples Purge costume is another oldie but a goodie costume. It’s classic and it’s easy. This costume is easy to fit specifically to you and your significant other. You can wear clothes that you already know flatter you the best. Another perk of this costume is that because you’re in a mask that means no tricky Halloween makeup!

3. Game of Thrones

Image Courtesy: PopSugar

I don’t know why I haven’t seen more Game of Thrones inspired Halloween costumes. Whether you are a fan of the books or of the show, Game of Thrones took the nation by storm. Game of Thrones gives you plenty of characters to pick from to recreate (even if they are dead). This couples costume would be an easy conversation starter, so I would not suggest this if you haven’t seen the show or maybe don’t want any spoilers.

4. Horror Inspired

Image Courtesy: PopSugar

Horror inspired costumes are fun because you have the option to make the costume a little more elaborate. Not only can you go all out of the costume if you so feel but you get to pick your favorite scary movie. If you’re like me and cover your eyes in horror movies then maybe stay clear from this idea. But with a genre such as horror, there are films from years past that are classics as well as more modern films.

5. Food Inspired

Image Courtesy: Coolest Homemade Costumes

If you are a couple that tends to think of themselves as more relaxed with a sense of humor than food inspired costumes are right up your alley. If you and your significant other share a favorite food then why not dress up as it? It is a costume that is a fun challenge to try to create together. The food inspired costume is usually bigger and more elaborate than other costumes so you and significant other will be sure to stand out.

Regardless of your Halloween costume choice, I hope that you and your significant other have a great time getting to create them. It is easy to lose yourself in the planning and having the best costume but remember that the idea is all fun and games. So pick one that fits you and your other and have a happy spooky Halloween.