Clancy Apgar: The Next Samantha Jones of the Non-Profit World

Name: Clancy Apgar

Age: 19

Major: Communications and Sociology

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, FL

Relationship Status: Flirtationship (with your mom)

Favorite Quote:  “What’s your why?” – A saying between counselors, staff and volunteers at Camp Boggy Creek; basically I try to have a ‘why’ for everything that I do.

Favorite Movie: It’s a toss-up between Moonrise Kingdom, Juno and Across the Universe.

Her Campus (HC): What’s your ideal guy and date?

Clancy Apgar (CA): My ideal guy is someone who has very similar tastes to mine. He has to be able to make me laugh and not take things too seriously. I’m a super affectionate person so that’s a pretty important characteristic too. My ideal date would be to go to a showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show at this old theater back home in Fort Lauderdale, followed by picking up some doughnuts to be eaten at the beach.

HC: What made you come to Florida State?

CA: In 7th grade I went on a school trip and toured a few of the state schools. It was terrible weather the entire trip and when we finally came to see FSU right as we were walking through Landis it has started to clear up and there was just a light about the scene and I just knew it was the perfect school for me.

HC: What is your plan after you graduate?

CA: Ideally, I would get a great PR job in Miami straight out of school, move back home and buy a small, old-Florida styled house and adopt a bulldog to be named Teddy.

HC: How did you come to decide to double major in both communications and sociology?

CA: Well I came into school with just under 52 credits so I was only planning on minoring in sociology when this semester my advisor told me that I should apply for Communications early, and since I didn’t get in this semester I was almost forced into choosing a second major, but I don’t mind.

HC: What are you involved in here at FSU?

CA: I actually just cofounded a chapter of Ed2010 with a dear friend, Felicity Warner, thanks to you (Tara). It’s an organization which acts as a tool for students wishing to work in the magazine and content-based industry start their professional life.

HC: What is one of your passions?

CA: My biggest passion is volunteering for Camp Boggy Creek, a camp for kids who are chronically and terminally ill. I was a camper myself since the age of 10 and when I was blessed enough to volunteer at 17, it changed my life forever. Now I just want to give back.

HC: Describe your high school experience in one sentence.

CA: When was I there it was pretty rad (yes I voted Worst Senioritis).

Tara Lawson-Corley is a Florida State University graduate. She majored in Retail Merchandising & Product Development with the goal of someday working for a fitness driven retail company. Hopefully later on she will be able to own her own successful fitness boutique or at least that's the dream. Tara enjoys the occasional Netflix binge, reading numerous fashion magazines, and finding new and exciting ways to workout.
Her Campus at Florida State University.