Chloe Ettinger: Greek Student Strikes the Perfect Balance

Name: Chloe Ettinger

Year: Sophomore

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Potomac, Maryland

Relationship Status: Single

Photo By: Lauren Alsina

Her Campus (HC): How’s your semester going so far?

Chloe Ettinger (CE): Really well. It’s been busy, but I’d rather be busy than bored.

HC: What are you involved in on campus this semester?

CE: I’m a sister of Kappa Kappa Gamma, in an Honors Fraternity called Phi Sigma Pi and in a Psychology Fraternity called Psi Chi.

HC: What types of things do you do in Phi Sigma Pi?

CE: We have chapter once a week where we talk about our upcoming events. These are basically different ways to bond, and we get the participation points that we need to stay in the fraternity through these events.

HC: What are some of the events that you’ve done in the past?

CD: We’ve had bowling nights, a potluck dinner, and done some community service like a trail clean up, which is when we go to the trail behind heritage after a football game and pick up trash.

HC: What are the requirements to be in Phi Sigma Pi?

CE: There is a GPA requirement and we have to go to the rush events. You should also have a professional and friendly attitude. We have a really great brotherhood and I’ve made so many friends through this fraternity.

HC: How could someone get involved?

CE: You can look up our Facebook page and find out the dates for rush, which should be coming up soon!

Photo By: Lauren Alsina

HC: Do you find it difficult to balance your sorority, your honors fraternity and school?

CE: A little, but that’s what motivates me to go to everything. If I didn’t do anything, I feel like I wouldn’t be getting the most out of my college experience.

HC: What would you say to someone who feels like they can’t mix their sorority or fraternity with other organizations?

CE: It’s definitely possible, and it’s all about staying organized and getting your priorities in order. You have to know which events are mandatory and then, with whatever time is left over, split it evenly between your organizations.

Her Campus at Florida State University.