5 Amazingly Affordable Places To Eat Within Walking Distance of FSU

Want to eat out and not break the bank? Here are five affordable places to eat for the average college student that are just a stroll away!

1. ISABELLA’S PIZZERIA NAPOLETANA

Located in College Town, Isabella’s Pizzeria Napoletana has some of the best pizzas in Tallahassee with great prices and daily specials! They also have salads, calzones, paninis, and desserts. The service is fantastic and the restaurant has such a cute aesthetic to take pictures on a lunch date with your girlfriends. Wherever you are on campus, you can walk to this place that’s just minutes away!

2. BARE NAKED KITCHEN

It’s a new year and you’re switching to the healthy girl lifestyle! Located on Tennessee Street across from The Standard, Bare Naked Kitchen has so many budget-friendly options for all of your healthy eating goals. My personal favorite deal is the $10 “build-your-own” bowl. Just show your college ID and ask for the “build-your-own” menu at the register to pick your protein and vegetables. If you’re not in the mood for a bowl, they have lavash flatbread “pizzas,” salads, and many homemade dips and snacks!

3. MADISON SOCIAL

Of course, everyone’s heard of Madison Social, but more people need to learn about their awesome specials! Every Monday, they have half-off their “So Classic” burger (pictured above). This classic cheeseburger comes with French fries and is originally $14 before tax. With the special, that’s a burger and fries for only $7! Located in College Town, this is the perfect spot to go for lunch with friends or even an affordable dinner date night. They also have a few great affordable drink specials for people ages 21 and up!

4. CATALINA CAFE

This one is for the girls who love a coffee shop moment. Located on Gaines Street next to GreenWise, this adorable coffee shop has some delicious, low-cost food options. They have a variety of breakfast sandwiches, toast, and lunch sandwiches, all for $10 and under! My favorites include the tomato and pesto toast and the “Catalina Turkey Bacon Club.”

If you’re a coffee lover like me, you should try their interesting latte flavors. My favorite is the Wildflower Honey latte. They’re also conscious of everyone’s diet preferences, so they offer gluten-free options and milk substitutions. They have plenty of indoor and outdoor seating, so this is the perfect place to bring your laptop to study with friends!

5. PLAYA BOWLS

Another one for the healthy girlies! Playa Bowls is the perfect healthy treat after the gym or to cool off on a hot day. The main attraction is their acai bowls, but they have plenty of other delicious base options including pitaya, coconut, and chia pudding. They also carry juices, smoothies, coffee, and snacks! All of their specialty bowls cost below $15 and the custom bowls start at $9! If you download their app, they also have a fantastic rewards system and great deals and discounts. Located in College Town next to Chipotle, Playa Bowls is another great place to do some studying and have a bite to eat!

All of these restaurants are perfect for a nice meal with friends or when you want a change of scenery for your studying. Next time you’re stuck on what to eat and don’t want to break the bank, refer to this article for some good ideas!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Eniya Morris is a staff writer for Her Campus at the Florida State University chapter. This is her first semester working with Her Campus and she writes articles about campus, culture, and lifestyle. Aside from working with Her Campus, she is a junior at Florida State University. She is studying psychology and is working on a minor in communications. In her free time, she enjoys thrifting, arts and crafts, and scrolling through Pinterest and TikTok. She also loves to spend time with her family, her friends, and her dog, Angel.