The Best Classes You Need to Take at FSU

When it comes to picking classes, it can be hard to meet requirements without taking something you don’t really care about. Of course, sometimes we just have to suck it up and get it done, but most of the time, FSU offers a variety of interesting classes that won’t make you feel like you’re wasting time or money (not that an education ever does). Here’s a list of some of the best and most unique classes at Florida State that you may not have considered before.

Courtesy: Oglesby Union

PEL 1111 – Bowling or PEL 1131 – Introduction to Billiards

Yep, you read that right. If you’re looking for a one credit class next semester, you may consider adding Bowling or Introduction to Billiards to your schedule. Both classes help you gain skill that you can use to impress all your friends.

MUH 2019 – Modern Popular Music

Modern Popular Music is an FSU favorite. In this class, you’ll get to study all kinds of music from the Beatles to Nicki Minaj. The history behind your favorite classics will bring a new appreciation to the songs you know and love. The best part is this class meets your humanities requirement.

SPC3210 – Contemporary Human Communication

At first glance, this might not seem like the most interesting class, but almost everyone who takes it walks away with a brand-new look on communication and relationships. You can meet your speech requirement with this inspiring upper level class while learning important tips that can help you in your everyday life.

Courtesy: FSU College of Medicine

Any Sociology Class

Sociology is the study of social behavior and society aka the study of people. When it comes to picking sociology classes you can take anything from Sociology of Politics to Sociology to Mass Media and everything in between. There are especially interesting classes revolving around social problems and marriage too. Basically, any topic that’s interesting to you can probably be studied from a sociological perspective at FSU. You can meet your social science requirement while learning about topics that affect your daily life.

IFS 2004 – The Hunger Games Trilogy: Collective Action and Social Movements

The existence of this class alone proves that FSU has a vast array of classes with the interest of students in mind. Using themes from The Hunger Games, this class focuses on different social movements. IFS classes in general provide students with unlimited options when it comes to finding a class that interests you. You can find anything from a class about Ballet and Beyoncé to the Blind Experience.

Editing, Writing, and Media major at FSU. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.