Wellness > Health

This All-Natural Routine Will Make a Huge Difference in Your Skin Care

If you’re reading this and have experienced any skin-related struggles, then you know how frustrating it can be. You’ve probably invested tons of money and time into trying to find the skincare routine that will finally clear your skin, never totally yielding the perfectly smooth and glowing finish you were hoping for. Well, help is here! Adding the following vitamin supplements to my daily regimen made a huge difference in my skincare results and it might help you too!

Vitamin B1 Pills

woman applying lotion
Photo by Sora Shimazaki from Pexels

This vitamin is known for boosting metabolism. By helping up the body process the sugar from foods and drinks, B1 is a natural detox that helps clear acne.

Bonus: Removing excess sugars and fats is also super beneficial for healthy weight loss.

The next supplements are all antioxidants, so they boost liver efficiency and help the body process fats better. Healthy processing prevents fats and oils from ending up as clogged pores, making antioxidants extremely helpful for clearing and preventing acne. Antioxidants are also known to protect the skin from UV radiation, so it helps protect you from sun damage, (eventual) wrinkling and inflammation.

Vitamin C and E Pills

Vitamins C and E are often associated with each other, and sources like Health Line even say that the body absorbs them better when taken in combination. Being antioxidants, they protect the body’s collagen supply. Collagen is famous in the skincare world for keeping the skin young. It protects the skin from wrinkling/sagginess, preserves its youthful glow and diminishes acne scars. If you’re looking for your skincare fountain of youth, boosting your collagen is an important step. Vitamin C not only protects the collagen in your body but also boosts production. Meanwhile, vitamin E’s anti-inflammatory qualities can reduce skin conditions such as eczema.

As if all that wasn’t enough, vitamins C and E are great for strengthening the immune system and helping your body fight off illnesses!

Keep in mind: Vitamin E increases oil secretion. If your issue is dry skin, this is a great solution to achieving a more glowy finish. But if your skin is on the oily side, too much vitamin E could be harmful to your skincare journey.

Milk Thistle Pills

Yet another antioxidant, milk thistle shares the UV protection qualities that vitamins C and E have. It also works wonders for liver health and has been found to aid in weight loss, diabetes treatment, reduced cholesterol, bone strength and immune system strengthening.

Omega-3 From Fish Oil, Liquid

Omega-3 is like a miracle cure for acne in a lot of people, being—you guessed it—another antioxidant. Like the other solutions listed, it helps liver efficiency and protects the body’s collagen. Its anti-inflammatory properties can treat eczema and hyperpigmentation as well as acne, so it’s especially useful for people with skin conditions beyond the average hormonal or food-related pimples. Studies have even proven omega-3 intake to be helpful in mood-boosting, improving eyesight, battling heart disease, strengthening bone and joint health, and diminishing period pain. While eating spoonfuls of plain fish oil or cod liver oil can be nasty, my friend recently turned me to flavored omega-3 oil from Barlean’s, which completely gets rid of that fishy taste.

Warning: Since omega-3 from fish oil is derived from real fish, don’t take this if you’re allergic to fish or shellfish.

Bonus: You may need to stay away from this type of mask.

young adults wearing masks with mona lisa.
Photo by cottonbro from Pexels

Blue fiber disposable mask is the easiest, most common variety to come by. But while we’re trying to stop the spread of COVID, we don’t want to start the spread of acne. Aside from the notorious maskne via trapped oils/sweat/makeup, the more painful and long-lasting variety may represent a bigger problem. If you’re getting chin and/or jawline acne that you can’t seem to get rid of, it could be an allergic reaction to blue fiber masks. Making the switch to strictly cloth masks and taking caution with their cleanliness took my maskne from severe to almost nonexistent. 

These are just a handful of natural solutions you can incorporate into your everyday skincare. Tons of vitamins that I didn’t mention also have a plethora of amazing health qualities; it’s all about finding what works best for your body. This regimen is super convenient (you only have to take these pills once a day) and so worth it. Adding extra vitamins to your body not only helps you look better, but helps you feel better too. We’re boosting our confidence from the inside out, and we’re here to flourish in 2021.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube and Pinterest!

Cristina Angee is a staff writer for Her Campus FSU.
Her Campus at Florida State University.