9 ‘Insecure’ GIFs We Could All Relate to This Semester

For most of us college students nationwide, fall semester is finally (or almost) over. No more assignments or exams — at least, not until after we bring in the new year. The stress of the semester is finally lifted and we can’t wait to spend a few weeks away from school. If you haven’t heard of it already, Insecure is an up-and-coming TV show that features Issa Rae; a hilariously awkward, black twenty-something who’s just trying to figure herself out alongside her closest friends. Looking back on Fall 2017, these are some Insecure GIFs that we could all relate to during our most cringe-worthy and celebratory moments of the semester:

1. When you had to force yourself to go to your 8 a.m. class.

Courtesy: Giphy

You were up late watching YouTube videos or scrolling through Twitter and immediately regretted everything when your alarm went off in the morning. At this point, you used all of your free unexcused absences (dang!), so you had no choice but to go. You had to give yourself a pep talk just to gain the motivation to step outside.

2. When you got to class and everyone sitting around you was talking about an assignment due today that you didn’t know about.

Courtesy: Giphy

Yikes.

3. Your bank account @ you:

Courtesy: Giphy

We’re all struggling out here.

4. When you had a test the next morning, but you made plans to go out with friends anyway.

Courtesy: Giphy​

5. Later that night:

Courtesy: Giphy

No regrets.

6. When you actually tried to look decent for class by not wearing pajamas for once.

Courtesy: Giphy

Gold star for you!

7. When somebody took your unassigned-assigned seat.

Courtesy: Giphy

The disrespect.

8. When you woke up to an email saying that class got canceled.

Courtesy: Giphy

Best. Feeling. Ever.

9. When you turned your assignment in at 11:58 p.m. this time instead of at 11:59 p.m.

Courtesy: Giphy

Yet another gold star.

This semester was nothing short of a rollercoaster, as accurately represented by these Insecure moments. Thankfully, we can put the past behind us and enjoy a long, relaxing winter break without the stress of college and start fresh in the spring!

Riel is a third-year student pursuing 2 degrees, one in Media/Communications Studies and the other in Editing, Writing, and Media. She is also double-minoring in African American Studies and Women's Studies. Riel adores editing, as well as writing poetry about her experiences as a Black woman and the Black experience in the United States overall. She is a spring 2019 initiate into the HARDWORKING Kappa Epsilon Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated. In her spare time, Riel loves to indulge in self-care. She is a mom to 10+ plants, 70+ crystals, and her sweet cat, Luna.
Her Campus at Florida State University.