Midterms are over, football season is coming to an end and it’s time to go home and enjoy spending time with your entire family. Your Thanksgiving dinner is spent answering, “What’re you doing after graduation?” and “Have you found a boyfriend yet?” questions, laughing with your cousins and listening to your family tell their crazy stories. But once you’ve said your goodbyes to Aunt Lisa and eaten that last piece of pumpkin pie, it’s time to get the next holiday started: Black Friday. This fun, yet often controversial, day of shopping is a time to take advantage of amazing deals on gifts for everyone on your list. So, let’s check out some Black Friday (Nov. 24) and Cyber Monday (Nov. 27) deals you should know about before getting out there to shop ‘til you drop:
NOTE: Many of these deals can be found online, and often start before the actual holiday, so if you see a deal for something you’re interested in, check it out now; you might get a nice surprise!
- Best Buy is offering over savings of over 150 dollars on Windows laptops, as well as hundreds of dollars off of TVs and appliances.
- Forbes highlighted the nine best Black Friday deals on Amazon, ranging from a deeply-discounted Amazon Echo to a deal of only 99 cents for a basic three-month subscription to their music service, Amazon Music Unlimited.
- Samsung is offering hundreds of dollars off of TV’s, as well as discounts on cell phones, watches and tablets.
- Old Navy is offering 50 percent off your entire purchase, as well as $1 cozy socks.
- Macy’s is offering hundreds (383 to be exact) of deals, ranging from half off designer coats, half off jeans, to discounted pajamas and more.
- Kohls is offering jaw-dropping discounts on all clothing like dresses, bottoms, jeans, garments, pajamas and more.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit is 40 percent off starting on Cyber Monday at Ulta.
- Smashbox Spotlight Palette is 50 percent off starting on Cyber Monday at Ulta.
- Catrice Cosmetics is offering a Black Bag Deal where you can pick any five products for 20 dollars, which includes free shipping and a GWP black bag. Additionally, they are offering a Cyber Monday deal of spinning a digital wheel that has prizes, like free shipping or 50 percent off an order.
For those of you who want the Black Friday experience, but aren’t looking for a specific item, super-stores like Walmart, Target and Amazon are offering deals on literally everything. You might find a discounted Keurig, half-off that pair of shoes you’ve been eyeing or you might even find that perfect gift for your significant other.
On a more personal note, we all know that Black Friday is often associated with selfishness and greed — ironically a day after we all are supposed to be celebrating togetherness. So, as you embark on your shopping journeys, collegiettes, just remember to be kind during your Black Friday experience. Happy shopping!