7 DIY Projects to De-Stress During Midterms

Every student knows exactly how stressful midterms can be. It seems as if you’re just floating along, going to classes, easy breezy like a Cover Girl. Then, within the course of a few days, you realize you have three exams, two papers and an oral presentation due! With all of that stress accumulating, you have to relieve it somehow. These are a few fun DIY projects you can do during and after midterms to reduce your anxiety.

1. Water Color Curtains

Courtesy: Hydrangea Hippo

These curtains are some of the most aesthetically pleasing curtains I have seen in a very long time. If you’re trying to give your room a colorful yet poised look, these curtains are a godsend. The fun of tie-dye is sure to relieve stress immediately, but the light and airy tones of the finished product will continue to relieve stress by creating a colorful study environment.

Click here for the tutorial!

2. Floating Flower Wall Hangings

Courtesy: Country Living

If you’re more of a minimalist when it comes to home décor these pressed flower hangings are extremely elegant. The process of choosing beautiful flowers and leaves to hang on your wall is relaxing and the process of creating these decorative pieces is so simple. Even a small, easy project such as this one can create stress-relief during the craziness of midterms.

Click here for the tutorial!

3. Succulent Wall Garden

Courtesy: Tip Hero

Every home needs a green space, even if your home is a dorm room! Students don’t spend enough time enjoying the beauty and serenity of the outdoors, but this adorable project brings the outdoors, inside! Enjoy the world of natural beauty while studying indoors.

Click here for the tutorial!

4. Room Sprays

Courtesy: Eye Love You Co.

Everyone knows that aroma is one of the best ways to relax. After creating one of these springtime room sprays, your room will be filled with glorious scents, and every deep breath you take during study time will be stress-free!

Click here for instructions to make multiple room spray concoctions!

5. DIY Candles and Candle Votives

Courtesy: Little Things

Another way of incorporating beautiful scents into your relaxation habits during midterms is through candles. There are many ways to create incredible, unique scents and candle holders, which are a wonderful addition to the bubble bath break you’ve scheduled in between your first paper and third exam study guide!

Click here for a range of DIY candle & votive ideas!

6. Citrus Body Scrubs

Courtesy: Offbeat and Inspired

Self-care is one of the most under-utilized relaxation methods used by students, but it’s also one of the most important. These citrus body scrubs will enhance your self-care experience and also decrease your stress because of how clean and wonderful you smell after using them!

Click here for some citrus body scrub recipes!

7. Facemasks

Courtesy: The Indian Spot

No one can feel as relaxed as when they take half an hour out of their day to do a facemask and take a much-needed nap. Facemasks can even be huge stress relievers to participate in while you study! The added bonus is that when you’re done relieving all the built-up pressure, you’ll also have wonderful skin!

Click here for facemask recipes for all skin types!

We hope these DIY projects help you create a stress-free midterm season. From all of us at Her Campus, we wish you the best of luck through your midterms! 

A major in Criminology with an interest in everything else
Her Campus at Florida State University.