stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

6 Things You Need to Do on Sunday to Start Your Week off Right

As a college student, our weeks can be stressful, especially during midterm season. With classes, extracurriculars and trying to figure out how to adult while still maintaining a social life, it’s easy to get stressed out by the overwhelming chaos of it all. By using Sunday as a life admin day to prepare for your week, you can cut down on stress and focus on your goals. Here’s what you should focus on accomplishing on Sundays:

Declutter

It’s cliché, I know, but the phrase “tidy space, tidy mind” really does hold true. Nothing’s worse than waking up on a Monday only to have to scavenge through heaps of dirty clothes and the weekend’s take-out in a desperate attempt to find something wearable. Do yourself a favor, give your space a good clean and if you’re feeling extra motivated, plan out your outfits.

Courtesy: Gabrielle Beaudry

Schedule

An essential part of limiting your stress is planning ahead. Pull out your planner (I use both a physical one and Google Calendar) and review your upcoming plans. Take time to fill in anything that has come up the past week. Make sure to get in touch with people to finalize all those upcoming plans. I try to schedule something to look forward to every week, even if it’s as simple as going to a cafe with my best friend.

Workout

Sundays are probably the day you are the least motivated to work out because after all, it’s a day dedicated to Netflix and sweatpants. Push through the Sunday slump and get active, even if for just a short while. It’ll set you on that productive high for the rest of the week, leaving you more likely to stick with your workouts. If you still want your Sundays to be relaxing, focus on finding your inner Zen with some yoga. Or if you’re looking for something more upbeat, spice it up with some fun classes at the Leach.

Meal Prep

I can’t tell you how many times I open the fridge only to stare into the void and find that nothing is appealing. Save yourself the indecision and meal-prep on Sunday. Grab some groceries and place your meals in containers. Not only will this make your life easier in the stressful chaos of the week, but it will make you more likely to eat healthfully.

Courtesy: Ella Olsson

Weekly Review

I follow Youtuber Muchelleb‘s method of weekly review. Every week I go through my goals, what I did to reach them this week and what I can do to reach them next week. This makes me feel like I have my life together and holds me accountable for sticking to my goals. You can even get an accountability buddy to discuss your goals with over Sunday brunch.

Self Care

Once you’ve completed all your tasks, it’s finally time to relax and focus on some self-care. Self-care can take on different meanings so just focus on whatever works best for you. Whether you decide to grab dinner with friends or curl up with a warm drink and a good book, take the time to reward yourself for all your hard work. You deserve it!

Courtesy: Autri Taheri

Now that you’ve done all this, you’re ready to start your week! While I choose to use Sundays as my life admin day, you can choose a different day if Sundays don’t fit your schedule. The important thing is just taking the time to relax and realize that you’ve got this! 

Taylor is currently a junior at Florida State University with a double major in English Creative Writing and Studio Art. When she's not writing for Her Campus, you can find her traveling, getting lost in a book, or working on her personal blog at a local coffee shop.
Her Campus at Florida State University.