5 Simple and Delicious Soup Recipes to Make This Fall

As the temperature starts dropping, there’s nothing better than coming home, getting all cozy and warming up with a hot bowl of soup. As a soup aficionado, I felt like it was my duty to compile this list. So, here are some recipes for hot, delicious, and easy to make soups that are guaranteed to make your chilly nights, a little bit better:

1. Copycat Panera Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

Courtesy: Gal on a Mission

Instead of driving to Panera, you can bring Panera to you! Forget waiting on long lunch lines, now you can have a big pot of this soup right in your kitchen. Maybe buy a baguette or some sourdough bread to really put you in the Panera mood. Don’t forget to add some scallions for a fresh crunch too. A nice spin on the traditional Chicken Noodle, this soup is perfect for when you are feeling under the weather or just craving something good.

2. Five-Ingredient Sweet Potato Black Bean Soup

Courtesy: Minimalist Baker

This soup is for when you want to take Taco Tuesday to the next level. This soup is seriously amazing and it can be made using only five ingredients, most you might already have in your kitchen. All you need is an onion, a can of black beans, some sweet potatoes, vegetable stock and salsa. This recipe is great because you can amp up or tone down the spice level to your liking. It’s also hearty and healthy too, being gluten free, low carb and vegan. I highly recommend adding some avocado or tortilla chips as garnish; it’s seriously a game changer.

3. Easy Broccoli and Cheese Soup

Courtesy: Wholesome Yum

I just had to include everyone’s favorite soup on this list. A simple and easy recipe, all you need is broccoli (I found mine in the frozen isle — no shame), garlic, chicken or vegetable broth, heavy cream and cheese and that’s it! The best part is that it only takes 20 minutes to make, so it’s quick and delicious. This soup is amazing any time of year, but for some reason, it’s particularly special when it’s warming you up from the cold. BONUS: Feel free to pair it with a bread bow!

4. Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup

Courtesy: Robust Recipes

Every recipe list needs a tomato soup, right? But this isn’t your average canned soup, this recipe involves adding some smoked tomatoes and red peppers that really intensifies this American classic. Even though that might seem challenging, it really isn’t. The entire soup only takes 35 minutes to make, which isn’t that bad at all. This soup is sweet, smoky and comforting; it’s perfect with croutons or even when pairing it with a grilled cheese sandwich.

5. Autumn Minestrone Soup

Courtesy: Cooking Classy

Everyone loves a good minestrone soup! This is another hearty, yet low carb soup that is perfect for the fall. It is super easy to make, as well. All you have to do is chop the veggies; sauté the carrots, onions and garlic for a bit; then you basically just add the rest into the pot and let it simmer. A delicious recipe that is perfect for a long day at work or school, or just to warm you up on an autumn night. 

Gaby is an FSU alumna who majored in Creative Writing and minored in Communications and Psychology. She also enjoys iced coffee, rose-scented candles, and short stories.
Her Campus at Florida State University.