As a self-identified girl boss, there’s nothing more inspiring than tuning into the insights of my fellow female trailblazers via a good podcast. Not only does listening to the right one instill a sense of inspiration and determination into your everyday life, but you will find yourself centered on the path to your best self. Your horoscope isn’t lying: if you want to manifest something in your life, you must first raise yourself to that higher vibration. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither are your aspirations. By framing your thoughts with positivity and encouragement, you will truly see yourself blossom. If you’re a young woman bursting at the seams with raw ambition and a swirling world of dreams and just that pure gusto, then these five podcasts are sure to awaken your inner girl boss. Go get ‘em, sis.

1. Thick & Thin by Katy Bellotte

Youtuber, graphic designer and social media influencer, Katy Bellotte, created her podcast, Thick & Thin, back in Aug 2018 and has since committed to publishing new episodes every week. Thick & Thin features the ruminations of a young woman navigating work, dating and personal whims all whilst living in the bustling heart of New York City. The topics you’ll hear on Katy’s podcast range from inspiring talks of girl bosses throughout history, to all-too-familiar stories of dating app pitfalls, to musings on everything from self-love to loneliness. Lighthearted and casual, Katy maintains what feels like the flow of a conversation with an old friend as she shares with listeners her wise perspective on life. You’ll feel as if she’s talking to you, and considering how relatable every episode is, I’m beginning to think that maybe she is.

Episode Recommendation: “Is college ACTUALLY the best four years?

Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify

2. Kalyn’s Coffee Talk by Kalyn Nicholson

Calling all coffee fiends – this one’s for you. At 25-years-old, Kalyn Nicholson, a Toronto native, lives a life that dreams are seemingly made of. Youtuber, social media influencer, creator of her own brand, Koze, and proud mama to the cutest dog, Bentley, Kalyn is certainly a prime example of a self-made girl boss. Kalyn’s Coffee Talk podcast is best paired with a warm cup of your favorite brew and a soft blanket to wrap yourself up in. In each episode, she invites listeners to discuss various issues intersecting each of our lives, such as coping with being single, finding work/life balance, and as she so magically puts it, turning our problems into poetry. Wise and radiating with positive energy, Kalyn’s composed rants more closely resemble articulate micro-novels, pondering over what it means to be a blossoming young woman in this world.

Episode Recommendation: “How to Deeply Heal Yourself

Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify

Courtesy: Lisa Fotios

3. The CHAARG Podcast

Slight FSU Chaarg plug here, but well warranted, I promise. CHAARG is a national organization aimed at promoting health and wellness amongst college-aged young women. Not only do they kill it on the gym floor, but they’re even working their magic over the soundwaves. Every Tuesday, The CHAARG Podcast spotlights various individuals who’ve made their mark in the health and wellness industry. These episodes are absolute goldmines for aspiring entrepreneurs, as well as those seeking ways to improve their overall health.  As described on CHAARG’s website, each episode is the perfect soundtrack for your morning commute or a brisk workout. At its core, The CHAARG Podcast is an extension of the national organization’s core values – empowering young women to be the best version of themselves. 

Episode Recommendation: “#73] Ariel + Betsy: Finding a Guru, Journaling, + ‘Doing It Right’

Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify

4. Unsolicited Advice by Ashley Nichole and Taryne Renee

Sometimes in order to propel ourselves forward in this world, we first have to take a step back and slow it down for a bit. This podcast is the perfect balance of female empowerment and belly laugh-inducing hilarity sure to put a smile on your face and ease your stress. Unsolicited Advice is exactly how it sounds – viewers send in their questions on anything and everything, from love to work to horrifyingly embarrassing moments. Comedians, Ashley and Taryne, or the dream team as I like to call them, provide the answer nobody expects, but everyone loves.

Episode Recommendation: “A Beginner’s Guide to Confidence

Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify

5. Girlboss Radio

What better place to learn about life as a girl boss than from its namesake? The Girlboss Radio podcast is essentially your number one source for a wealth of various women taking the world by storm. You’ll tune into weekly conversations with iconic boss babes such as Lilly Singh, Michelle Phan, Rupi Kaur and Gwyneth Paltrow, on topics such as building your own beauty empire, pursuing your dreams with impassioned vigor and just owning life as a woman. Listening to the Girlboss Radio podcast is sure to light that fire beneath you.

Episode Recommendation: “How To Own A Room Like A Boss, With Saweetie

Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Sophia is a Sophomore at Florida State University pursuing a degree in Media Communication Studies and a minor in Spanish. Her passions include practicing yoga, baking, listening to Florence + the Machine, and growing her vinyl collection. When she's not writing articles for Her Campus, you can most likely find Sophia at any coffee shop within a five-mile radius of her home. That or in bed watching Gilmore Girls.
Her Campus at Florida State University.