5 #GirlBoss Quotes to Get You Through the Rest of the Semester

It’s that time of the year again when every assignment for every class magically ends up being due on the same day. You are now in a committed relationship with the second floor of the library and nights are no longer spent binge-watching your favorite TV shows. You can almost taste your mom’s homemade holiday cooking and feel the comfort of sleeping in your bed at home.

However, as hectic as life, school, work, etc. can get, I know there is no stopping all of you future #GirlBosses! Everyone will go through slumps, but it is what is on the other side of that slump that makes all of the busy days and late nights worth it. To help you push through and tackle the rest of this semester, here are five inspirational #GirlBoss quotes to remember:

1. “Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them.”

Pour yourself a cup of coffee and get stuff done. Stop procrastinating or making excuses and do the damn thing! If you know what you’re passionate about, always hold onto that fire that is alive inside of you even when things get crazy.

2. “I didn’t come this far to only come this far.”

I always remind myself of this when there’s a month left of the semester and I can feel myself becoming okay with receiving a “B” in a class when I’ve spent the rest of semester earning an “A.” Dig deep and find what inspired you at the beginning of the term to be successful and let that fuel you through the last few weeks.

3. “There is no force more powerful than a woman determined to rise.”

Who runs this world? GIRLS. Work hard to make yourself proud. Stay focused and determined. A simple equation that will keep ‘em on their toes and shakin’ in their boots at the realization of how powerful a determined woman is.

4. “Don’t give up, don’t take anything personally and don’t take ‘no’ for an answer.” – Sophia Amoruso

Life can be real tough, people can be ruthless and things may not always go as you planned. But don’t let anyone else besides yourself determine your worth and your destination. Be the one in control of your life and never give up, because who’s to say your big break isn’t just right around the corner?

And to finish it off, here is one quote from the oh-so-wonderful Cristina Yang:

5. “Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than anyone here and don’t give a damn about what anyone thinks. There are no teams here, no buddies. Be your own.”

At the end of the day, you are doing all of this for yourself. You know what you need to do, so do it! And of course, when things get stressful just dance.

I hope you find as much motivation in these quotes as I do. Always remember to work hard, play hard and be kind, that a single “no” doesn’t mean you’ll never hear a “yes.” This is only the beginning and you are in control of your future. Let’s all finish strong together, collegiettes!

*All GIFs courtesy of Giphy.

Her Campus at Florida State University.