5 Delicious Smoothie Places in Tallahassee

We’re back with another themed week on the site: Food Week. This semester, Her Campus FSU has created themed weeks dedicated to exclusive content we believe all of our readers should have access to. Keep up on the site for the next few days as we cover everything from the best brunch spots in Tallahassee to a complete recount of what went down when one of our staff writers decided to cook a meal in her dishwasher (yes, it’s a thing and yes, she actually tried it). Don’t miss out!  

Have you noticed the juice craze going around these past few years? The celebrities on Instagram artfully posing next to a fridge of freshly made juice, convenient packages in alluring containers just begging you to crack open and indulge in a healthy, soul-cleansing treat? What is it? Well, it’s generally just a smoothie and/or pressed juice. Smoothies are a compilation of crushed fruit with yogurt or orange juice, depending on your preference. There are multiple juice/smoothie places in Tallahassee to satisfy those of you on a health-kick or those of you craving a refreshing, fruity pick-me-up. I’ve compiled a list of the top five juice/smoothie places on campus and around Tallahassee.

1. Robeks

I just learned of this place and stopped by this past weekend. It’s quaint, efficient and has a bevy of drink options. Armed with a list of catchy names and intriguing sides such as Acai bowls, Robeks is on the top of the list for the tastiest of smoothie options.

Courtesy: Amanda Edelman

2. Whole Foods

Over the summer, my dad would get a WH smoothie every day. It contains all natural fruit and coconut milk. These are definitely a crowd pleaser and a hidden gem amongst the isles of wholesome food options. While browsing the great pre-made meals or stocking up on fruit, stop by the smoothie station and satisfy your fruit intake for the day.

3. Freshens

Located in the Olgesby Union, Freshens is a quick stop on the way to class. With crepes and rice bowls as food options, the stand-out menu section is the smoothies. Perfectly blended and filled to the brink, there are enough smoothie options to keep even the pickiest person happy.

Courtesy: Amanda Edelman

4. Tropical Smoothie

Tropical Smoothie has multiple locations around town. Ranging from Tennessee Street to Magnolia, you’ll never be far from satisfying a tasty smoothie craving.

5. Axios Salt Spa and Juice Bar

This is one I’ve never heard of. Upon research, Axios seems to be an all-inclusive spa! What a delight right here in Tallahassee! There’s Salt Therapy along with a spacious, relaxing yoga room. Plus, a massage service, all coupled together with a juice bar. While the rest of the places mentioned above have catered to smoothies, this stop serves pressed juices, a twist on a much-loved classic. The innovative fact about this particular juice bar is that, upon perusing the menu, the different juices target different areas of your body—like the cardiovascular system with the Sweet Heart (a mix of beets & tops, carrots, celery, apple). An odd mix to the normal student, maybe, but enjoyable in the long run.

Courtesy: Axios

Whether you’re looking to invest in a blender and frozen fruit, or make it a daily treat to indulge in a fruity delight at one of the aforementioned locations, I hope you get your fruit craving satisfied. With the hot weather just around the corner, a smoothie or juice is guaranteed to help with the rising temperatures! If you can’t find time to stop by any of these places, a quick solution is either a Panera Bread or Starbucks, each boasting a small selection of readily made smoothies or juices depending on your preference.

Happy juicing, friends! 

Hi, I'm Amanda. I'm a Creative Writing major with an affinity for take-your-breath-away-sentences. I also like solid 80s rock jams and blogging about my feelings. I'm constantly hopeful I can one day escape to the moon. For now, I'm enjoying attending a wonderfully diverse school and take pride in my beautiful group of friends.
Her Campus at Florida State University.