I am a huge music lover (if you can’t already tell). I enjoy music from all types of genres, from alternative, country and class rock to hip-hop and even more! I’ve compiled a short list of artists that are up and coming and should be on your radar! Some of these artists I’ve known for years and some I’ve just discovered recently. Read more about them here, and don’t forget to give them a listen!

1. Chromeo

Hailing from Canada, Chromeo is an electro-pop pair compromised of artists David “Dave 1” Macklovitch and Patrick “P-Thugg” Gemayel, and these two have already produced four studio albums. I’ve been a fan of Chromeo for a few years now, and their popularity is rising! This year, they are on the lineups for many music festivals, including Coachella, Lollapalooza, Firefly and more! A few favorite tracks of mine are “Come Alive” (feat. Toro y Moi) and “Old 45’s” (which was featured on my V-Day playlist!). These would be some good songs to put on a playlist for a road trip this summer! This duo will make you bop along to almost any of their songs, which have an electro-funk feel to them. 

Courtesy: Consequence of Sound

2. Leon Bridges

As with Chromeo, Leon Bridges also appeared on my perfect V-Day playlist.

He is a gospel-soul singer from Fort Worth, Texas that started in 2014. His songs are full of rich stories and messages, but his calming beats will keep you coming back for more. He is the perfect person to listen to on a drive home after a long day. His song “River” tells the story of racial injustice and is a response to 2015’s Baltimore Uprising and was featured on HBO’s series Big Little Lies. His songs have deep meaning and a sound from the past. This summer he’ll even be on tour with Harry Styles during the South American dates! Put him on your playlist asap!

Courtesy: Georgetown Radio

3. Tash Sultana

This 22-year-old from Australia is making her way up! If you haven’t heard of her, Tash Sultana is a one-woman band who can play 20 different instruments! She began playing music at three years old, and all of those years of playing has paid off! Her song “Jungle” hit my radar about a year ago after hearing it from the background of a YouTube video. Her guitar will have you tranced and her catchy loops will pull you in. For her, it’s more about the instruments than the vocals, but it is amazing nonetheless. 

Courtesy: Dunedin Venues

4. Bryce Vine

A favorite of mine, Bryce Vine. He started his career when he tried out for The Glee Project in 2011. He is a rapper and singer born in New York City but moved to Los Angeles a year after he was born, and his music channels West Coast vibes. I’ve had his song “Drew Barrymore” on repeat for months now. No matter how many times I hear it, it never gets old. Another popular track, titled “Sour Patch Kids” is catchy and will have you feeling nostalgic for simpler times. 10/10 recommend checking him out. 

Courtesy: Degy Entertainment 

5. Billie Eilish

Upcoming singer Billie Eilish is marking her print on the music industry. At just 16 years old, her voice is oh-so-soothing and addictive. I was recommended to her by a close friend, and I spent the next 30 minutes listening to everything she had. Her hit song “ocean eyes” was written when she was just 13 years old and will have you relaxed with her calming music and soft voice. Her most popular song on Spotify, “bitches broken hearts” will have you thinking she is way beyond her years. 

Courtesy: Coup De Main 

Media/Communication studies major with a passion for music, makeup and puppies!
Her Campus at Florida State University.