20 Quotes and Poems to Get You Through the Week

Everyone has those weeks where nothing seems to go right. School and personal life can be overwhelming and it seems like it might never get better. It’s during these tough weeks that we have to be reminded of how capable and strong we are. We all have the ability to get better and be better each and every day, we may just need a bit of encouragement to do it. That being said, here are some of the most inspiring quotes and poems from some of the world’s strongest women role models.

1. “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” – Frida Kahlo
  2. “Maybe the best any of us can do is not to quit, play the hand we’ve been given, and accessorize the outfit we got.” – Carrie Bradshaw
  3. “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone
  4. “If I decided I’m the girl to change the world, I can do it anytime.” – Demi Lovato
  5. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
  6. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
  7. “You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.” – Diane von Furstenberg
  8. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.”- Golda Meir
  9. “I firmly believe you never should spend your time being the former anything.” – Condoleezza Rice  
  10. Credit: YourTango
  11. “I’m willing to be seen. I’m willing to speak up. I’m willing to keep going. I’m willing to listen to what others have to say. I’m willing to go to bed each night at peace with myself. I’m willing to be my biggest bestest most powerful self.”  ― Emma Watson
  12. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
  13. “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” – Nora Ephron
  14. “We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.” – J. K. Rowling
  15. “When you’re through changing, you’re through.” – Martha Stewart  
  16. “The formula of happiness and success is just being actually yourself, in the most vivid possible way you can.” – Meryl Streep
  17. “It’s our challenges and obstacles that give us layers of depth and make us interesting. Are they fun when they happen? No. But they are what make us unique.” – Ellen DeGeneres
  18. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – Dolly Parton
  19. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.” – Helen Keller  
  20. Credit: Twitter
I'm a senior from Miami, FL majoring in Public Relations and pursuing a Master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communication. Think of me as the love child of Samantha Jones & Carrie Bradshaw, plus throw in a little Cuban spice.
Her Campus at Florida State University.