13 Crystals Every Student Needs

It is important to note that crystals are not the end all be all for your mid-semester blues or the academic adversities you may be facing. Crystals are rather powerful tools to help guide you back to equilibrium and find that balance you desire in your life. With that being said, I present a list of 13 crystals every college student should have handy to get through this semester!

1. Clear Quartz

First on the list, we have clear quartz, which is a crystal that works with all seven of your chakras to improve mental clarity and amplify intentions. While you are studying, carry a quartz tumble in your pocket or place a quartz point on your desk or study area. This crystal will help you retain the information more and as you set your intentions to succeed on the exam, the quartz will assist. 

2. Fluorite

Fluorite, also known as the “Genius Stone,” works with all the chakras to intensify intuition and focus. This stone can enhance creativity and bring peacefulness to a chaotic environment like that of the first floor in Strozier. I wear a fluorite bracelet almost every day so that I can remain focused in class and promote better decision making. 

3. Amethyst

Amethyst is my personal favorite crystal because of its calming effect and ability to alleviate stress. Being a student who is also involved in campus leadership and having a job can bring stress during a busy semester. However, wearing a pendant or keeping an amethyst point near you can ward off negativity. 

4. Lapis Lazuli

This beautiful, blue stone works with your third eye and throat chakras to increase wisdom and self-awareness. Lapis can help students with problem-solving and remembering their “why” to keep pushing through the semester. 

5. Malachite

Malachite, also known as the “Stone of Transformation,” works with the third eye, throat and heart chakras to bring about positive change to your life and enhance manifestation. If you are at a low point in the semester or find yourself feeling consumed by procrastination, this stone is a helpful tool for emotional healing and balancing work and play.

6. Sodalite

This stone works with the third eye and throat chakras to clear the mind and sharpen focus and intuition. If your performing research for a project or paper, this stone can help guide you through your intuition and logical findings. It can also help diminish writer’s block by opening up new communication channels within.

7. Amazonite

Extroverts and introverts alike can utilize this stone to bring harmony and balance to their lives. Amazonite, also known as the “Stone of Truth,” can help boost one’s confidence and leadership abilities. This stone works with the throat and heart chakras to help you be honest with yourself on how to navigate and communicate your emotions, which builds resilience. 

8. Rose Quartz

According to Odyssey, this crystal is viewed as the universal stone of love and compassion. During college, we must learn and remember to love ourselves throughout the process. It is crucial to implement methods of self-care to our busy routines so that we do not experience burn out. I suggest meditating with a rose quartz tumble in your hand or placed near your heart to help you heal from any emotional trauma and keep your loved ones and support system in mind. 

9. Moss Agate

Moss agate is the most powerful of the agate stones. Not only does it assist in strengthening one’s creativity and intellect, but it also can be used for physical healing purposes. For instance, if you put a moss agate tumbled stone into your Hydro Flask with purified water, that elixir can help speed up your recovery from sickness, such as the cold or flu. 

10. Honey Calcite

This crystal works with the solar plexus chakra to help you realize your self-worth and increase your confidence. The yellow color from the stone evokes a positive feeling of joy and the ability to overcome obstacles you are faced with such as that 12-page paper due next week! Honey Calcite has the power to facilitate action in your life so you can use the skills you are obtaining from your academics and organizations towards your desired career path. 

11. Citrine

Citrine is a manifestation crystal that works with your solar plexus, sacral and root chakras to heighten your imagination and ability to make difficult decisions. I suggest meditating with a citrine stone in our hand while envisioning what you want to accomplish. Then, bring your imagination to life by developing a vision board with those messages and goals you’ve unleashed from the subconscious. 

12. Tiger Eye

Tiger Eye is a captivating stone that works with the sacral and root chakras to improve understanding and help you remain grounded. If there’s a class that you constantly feel lost in or an exam you fear you may not do well on, wear a tiger eye pendant to attract prosperity and stability and bring comfort to your mind. 

13. Mookaite

Last but certainly not least, we have Mookaite, a crystal with the Florida State University  colors. Besides the garnet and gold hues this stone embodies, it is an incredible tool to amplify your memory and help you remain calm during a hectic semester. If you feel that you are losing motivation at this point in the semester, I suggest bringing some Mookaite in your backpack and possibly holding it during class to keep you focused and motivate yourself to keep going. 

All images courtesy Lauren Gordon.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest!