The food you eat plays a very important role in your daily energy levels. Did you know that foods that are high in calories will make you feel fatigued, because they demand more energy to digest? Even though all foods give you energy, some foods contain nutrients that can help you increase your energy levels and maintain you focus throughout the day. Here are 10 foods to get on the road to a healthier and more energetic day.

1. Walnuts and Almonds 

If you take a handful of nuts and almonds (around 20) in the morning, you will help your metabolism not fluctuate during the day. Nuts help you stabilize your blood sugar levels for the rest of the day!

Courtesy: Feast

2. Avocado and Olive Oil

These two will help to control your hunger. Avocados have monosaturated fats which are good for the heart, and olive oil makes your digestion a bit slower so the feeling of being satisfied will last much longer!

Courtesy: The Delicious Life

3. Boiled Eggs

This food has only 80 calories and is full of protein. It can satisfy your appetite for many hours, and it’s quite convenient to eat and prepare. You can make them on Sunday and put them in the refrigerator for the whole week!

Courtesy: Belly Full

4. Blueberries

After a meal, treat yourself to a cup of blueberries with low-fat whipped cream. You will forget your hunger and will stay alert and focused for the rest of the afternoon. They’re full of antioxidants!

Courtesy: PANCAN

5. Oats

For being a carbohydrate, oats are a great source of energy that keeps us full for more hours and helps us avoid snacks between meals. It also prevents constipation due to its fiber content.

Courtesy: Tasting Table

6. Dark chocolate 

This is for chocolate lovers, especially when the work day is accompanied by stress. Chocolate makes your body release endorphins that revive your mood. It’ll also make your cravings satisfied faster, so make sure to control those portions!

Courtesy: USA Today

7. Green tea

With caffeine and antioxidants, green tea gives you energy and can also help to increase immunity and weight loss.

Courtesy: Jason Winters Int.

8. Broccoli

Broccoli is full of vitamin C, folic acid and carotenoids, AND it energizes you. There are lots of ways to prepare it, so make it part of your meals every week.

Courtesy: Spruce Eats

9. Citrus

When the stressful time in the afternoon comes, smell an orange – smelling essences helps you to be alert again – and then eat the fruit. It’ll be digested in about 30 minutes, which will give you energy pretty quickly and it won’t go away like it would if you ate candy!

Courtesy: Cooking Light

10. Low-fat milk

The lactose in low-fat milk gives you instant energy, while protein levels help you not get hungry so fast. For a great start of energy in the morning, combine it with oatmeal.

Courtesy: PETA

Peruvian and with 18 years old, she is a junior at Florida State University majoring in Communication and minoring in Recreation and Events. She loves everything related to fashion and photography; and after graduation she aspires to put her skills and attitudes to work at a major fashion publication. Follow her on Instagram @valeeriva.
Her Campus at Florida State University.