This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

As hard as we try to work our school schedules out we sometimes end up with those couple hour gaps. You have two choices: wait it out or use your time productively. Here are some choices on and around campus for both options.

With a Car

If you are lucky enough to have a car, able to afford a taxi, or actually understand how all those bus and shuttle schedules work then these are some places you can head to.

Drive Down Route 9: We are lucky to be right in the middle of so many cool places!

Chocolate Therapy:

If you have a sweet tooth then this place is for you! It is a chocolate heaven at a reasonable price. Also, some of the chocolates have a healing effect so you can really say that it is good for you!

Fun and Games:

Arcades are not just for kids and having all those prizes in your dorm room is not shameful. Embrace your inner childlike self and get all your aggression out over that annoying class you are required to take with hitting a plastic mole with a mallet.

Go for frozen yoghurt:

At some point frozen yoghurt started popping up everywhere!

Fashion Berry: They also sell bubble tea in multiple flavors which is wicked delish.

Sweet Spot: Easily the most accessible from campus and always has friendly staff and so many toppings!

Red Mango: The only one which is a national chain which means they give awesome coupons and discounts if you join their rewards program.

Natick Mall

Build a Bear:

Want a cheap date or need someone to watch a scary movie with? Get a bear, it will be the best relationship you will ever have.

Game Underground:

Another arcade with games in Japanese and cool Nintendo games.

Shopper’s World:

There are a lot of fun shops here such as Old Navy, Barnes and Nobles, A.C. Moore and don’t forget Starbucks and Chipotle! Also walking around the entire shopping center counts as exercise, right?

Plaster Fun Time:

On the opposite end of route 9 is a fun way to spend the little cash you have and decorate your room at the same time. Bring your friends or travel alone, it will be an awesome experience.

Without Car

Cars are expensive and though gas has gone down, it can still be a pain to fill up. So here are some options on campus or other places accessible by foot.

Use the gym:

This free time is perfect for the good ole’ workout; just make sure to arrive at the gym during quiet hours so the equipment you want is available. I however think the hill up from Maple is exercise enough for me.

Starbucks:

It can be exhausting running around campus especially with your hands full of Starbucks’ goodness. If you have the time take a seat and actually drink that very long named drink without spilling it on your way to class.

Get lost on campus:

Personally, I find it really easy to get lost especially with all the improvements they are doing to campus. Do this on a beautiful day because honestly the sights are not as enjoyable in the blistering heat or when Jack Frost is biting your entire face off.

Get lost in the library:

I wish I used the library more often since there are so many cool things to read about but if time is available walk through the library and mentally add learning about ‘French cuisine.’ You may or may not actually choose to follow up with the book but you will feel very enlightened after this, good for you!

Eat on campus:

If you are anything like me, you think about food all the time. Luckily for us we have a lot of choices for eatery’s on campus, if only your wallet was as excited as you.

Catch up on schoolwork:

This is probably the most logical thing to do, but we are college students logic does not always come first. There are plenty of quiet places on campus such as empty classrooms, the library, and the commuter lounge. A+ for you if you actually are productive between classes. Of course you could always go back to your dorm room or back to your house and watch cat videos.

I am an avid cat lover, aspiring dietition and anime fanatic!A super senior at FSU with a major in dietetics and a minor in psychology and fashion design.